Woo Hoo, Southern Maryland Online has been selected as the Winner for the 2022 Best of California Awards

Editor

somd.com Editor
Staff member
PREMO Member
Patron
Yeah Baby!

SouthernMarylandOnline.jpg

We are happy to announce that Southern Maryland Online has been selected as the Winner for the 2022 Best of California Awards in the category of Local Business. Notice to other winners in California is happening over the next few weeks. The entire list of winners will be posted on our website after all recipients have been contacted.
The California Award Program purpose to support and offer public recognition of the contributions of businesses and organizations in and around California. It is your option to have us send you one of the 2022 Awards that have been designed for display at your business. As an Award recipient, there is no membership obligation. We just ask each Award recipient to pay the cost of their awards. The revenue generated by the California Award Program helps to pay for local business support and partnership programs.

Of course the joke is that they mean the state of California. I guess their bot didn't take into account that there may be a town named 'California.'

In case you were wondering, the catch is that for a small fee we can purchase a nice trophy to go along with our award. I am tempted to buy one. Not unlike the Who's Who book scam. Anyone can get their name in there. All you have to do is order a few copies of the book.

Editor

somd.com Editor
Staff member
PREMO Member
Patron
Well, actually, I think I am wrong. I don't think it is pertaining to the state. I think they just use the town name and assume everyone is stupid enough to believe that there are awards for their town.

For years we have received press releases from groups in the state of California, I just blindly assumed it was more of the same.

I still remember years ago Deejay was talking with some female from California (the state on the west coast) on the phone in regards to a business matter. The dumb blond proceeded to get in an argument with my dumb blonde, saying that there was no such place as California, Maryland. Should have really blown her mind and told her about HOLLYWOOD ... just miles apart. 🤣

Humbled

Yeah Baby!

View attachment 162684

In case you were wondering, the catch is that for a small fee we can purchase a nice trophy to go along with our award. I am tempted to buy one. Not unlike the Who's Who book scam. Anyone can get their name in there. All you have to do is order a few copies of the book.
And not unlike the BBB(Better Business Bureau) scam.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Good friend of mine since college days was thrilled to be informed by mail that he'd won an award for his academic achievements among his African-American peers, by a Black-American Alumni association... Enclosed was an invitation to the awards banquet where he would collect a nice plaque and a check.

We harassed him no end, insisting he go collect his just rewards. He being white as the driven snow.

Editor

somd.com Editor
Staff member
PREMO Member
Patron
I kid you not! This just came in my email 🤣

whowho.JPG

I should write back and ask who I have to thank for nominating me.