Woodburns

Jameo

What?!
I hear over the weekend that Woodburns is closing at the end of the year. Please tell me that is just a horrible rumor :frown:

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
"Nobody beats our meat"

Still the best slogan ever, from the old time Jones cable commericals.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Not surprising. Their prices are too high.

Perfect time for "You get what you pay for!!"

When I lived over there I bought ALL my beef there.. and they have Marzipan Ritter Sports.. WIN WIN!!

VERY good Sushi.. awesome sammiches..

If I still lived there they probably wouldn't be going out of business.

C

CalvertNewbie

:frown: It's the only place I buy beef from....

Same here, we love their filets and ribeyes. We used to get our steaks from Nicks in PF until we tried Woodburns. I really hope they're not closing and it's just a nasty rumor. :cds:

CREResident

Always made a special trip there to buy fish and shrimp. The chain stores (Food Lion and Giant) have terrible seafood. Always got great cooking tips from the guys behind the seafood counter.

Their country sausage - also delicious. Nice cuts of meat but $$$. But that's pretty much it... Everything else is extremely overpriced. I'm surprised the chain stores didn't run Woodburns out of business sooner.

However, I wonder if it would be profitable for them to bill themselves as a specialty food store and expand those items --- fresh seafood, specialty meats and sausages, more ready to go foods, organic and healthy foods, etc..

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IMHO, Woodburns really 'aint' been Woodburns since the Woodburns sold Woodburns !
And the 'Can't beat our meat' slogan goes back to the old days when "Woodburns Food Market" had their original store in the location where CD Cafe' is now.

Last edited:

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Knock it down and put up a sonic and a miniature golf course encircled by a go-kart track. Would need footbridge to cross over the track to get to the golfcourse.

laynpipe

what we really need is no more building. we need to keep calvert country. no more chain stores. we already have to many, along with to many people.