Woodstock - 50 years

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

Midnightrider

It’s really sad that they couldn’t get a 50 anniversary show together, but after looking at the acts they were planning to have it’s no great loss.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

It’s really sad that they couldn’t get a 50 anniversary show together, but after looking at the acts they were planning to have it’s no great loss.
No way to repeat the ambiance and specialness of Woodstock. The musicians and bands that played didn't go for the hype, money, status. They went to be a part of something bigger than themselves. Today's so called acts suck. They are no talent autotune dependent hacks that if it weren't for the heavy marketing and constant forced playing by the labels that own them, we might actually have musicians that could actually play some instruments like the bands of yesteryear. Today, there is a band that is a tribute band for Pink Floyd that near perfectly replicates the album The Wall. A great show. Many other musicians do the same with other retired bands as well. And they are very well attended, by the older, (grew up with them), and young. No one writes songs anymore with lots of various instruments anymore because all the labels are looking for is the cheapest way to produce an act. So we get the likes of what we have today. Also, hence, why classic rock radio stations are so popular. In part because of the varying number and use of real musical instruments being played by the actual band members, real melodies, and lyrics that resonate with the listener because they were written by the musical artists themselves from their own life experiences. There will never be another, "Woodstock". Every so call musical artist today is too selfish. And the labels that own them too greedy.

Hijinx

Maybe it will be Woodstock with Rap "Artists".
ANTIFA will be security
They will all be smoking legal weed, and eating Colorado cookies.
3 days of Trump hating, and Communist propaganda.,

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The last Woodstock people got in fights and women got gang raped. The one before that had incidents as well.

Oh the times they are a'changin'....

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
The last Woodstock people got in fights and women got gang raped. The one before that had incidents as well.

Was that the "free love" they were always muttering about?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
My favorite story of Woodstock (the original) is how the people of the town came together and brought food and water to the kids at the festival. This had to be a major disruption of their community, all these stoned hippies wandering around, but when they found out that there was no food and water available, they came together as humanitarians and put together a potluck.

THAT is America.

My favorite story of Woodstock (the original) is how the people of the town came together and brought food and water to the kids at the festival. This had to be a major disruption of their community, all these stoned hippies wandering around, but when they found out that there was no food and water available, they came together as humanitarians and put together a potluck.

THAT is America.
Wasn't just the locals, the National Guard and other agencies provided helicopters, medical and manpower as well. They had the choice of issuing military law and control, or helping. They all chose to help.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member

THAT is America.
Then they all lived and bred Liberal ps...

littlelady

God bless the USA

That will always happen. We just need to stay vigilante, y’all.. Period.

Last edited:

littlelady

God bless the USA
Maybe it will be Woodstock with Rap "Artists".
ANTIFA will be security
They will all be smoking legal weed, and eating Colorado cookies.
3 days of Trump hating, and Communist propaganda.,

You get it. Jane Fonda comes to mind. And, this...

Last edited:

littlelady

God bless the USA
Then they all lived and bred Liberal ps...

And, now, there are the leapfrog professors ( hippies) that are indoctrinating college children. I can’t believe that parents want to pay for that. And, then you have leapfrogs wanting taxpayers to pay for college debt. That is how screwed up leapfrogs are, and how they are trying to change our country. I do have a question. For all the parents/students that paid in full for education...do they get reimbursed, too? God bless the USA.

I was a youngin when Woodstock took place; 14. This is as far as I got...I wore the hipster pants and the tie dye shirts for a while, and smoked mj once and only time when with my 9th grade boyfriend in his GTO, and then I threw up. Never touched it again. And, what is really funny is that I found out later in life that the boyfriend became gay. No wonder I threw up.

Last edited: