Woop! Woop! Shine alert!

Cowgirl

Now that the warm weather is here, my face is getting shiny. :mad: I remember a LONG time ago Walmart carried a mattifying gel that you put on before your makeup. I have searched Walmart and can't find it. Does anyone know of any products* out there available at a retail store? I guess last resort I could buy it online. TIA!

*budget friendly, if possible :nomoney:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
I have them, but I'd rather use something once in the morning instead of all throughout the day.

https://www.everydayminerals.com/

I use this makeup and have had great success. My skin isn't terribly oily but in the summer the shine does go way up! In the summer I use matte foundation and the finishing powder. Looking at their face products it looks as if they do have some targeted for shine control. The price is VERY reasonable in my opinion. I always order a build your own kit for like 30 something dollars and it includes 6 full size products of your choice, plus they typically send additional bonus products. So it hashes out to $5-6 each which is better than anything in the store.

L

luckystar

Yeah, those oil sheets get used up fast and they're too expensive for regular use.

Cowgirl

I use this makeup and have had great success. My skin isn't terribly oily but in the summer the shine does go way up! In the summer I use matte foundation and the finishing powder. Looking at their face products it looks as if they do have some targeted for shine control. The price is VERY reasonable in my opinion. I always order a build your own kit for like 30 something dollars and it includes 6 full size products of your choice, plus they typically send additional bonus products. So it hashes out to $5-6 each which is better than anything in the store.

I use Bare Minerals now. It does a pretty good job. I just found this Mark Mattifying Lotion from Avon. I think I'm going to try it out.

JULZ

BFJ

What mascara do you use? I noticed the other day your lashes are so long.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Milk of Magnesia for Oily Skin

Originally appointed by doctors to relieve constipation and other gastro-intestinal issues, many experts are now recommending Milk of Magnesia for oily skin care. Usually sold now in tablet form, the original white milky liquid version is still available, and this is perfect to apply to your skin the next time you find your oil glands overdoing it.

Since it is usually only sold in a large quantity, you can have a long term solution at a small cost, dividing up a portion of the milk into a smaller container and storing it somewhere convenient until you need more. Using just a thin layer, apply the milk of magnesia all over the face with a cotton ball. You will find the consistency greatly resembles calamine lotion, meaning that just a small amount goes an impressively long way.

Using this product on your skin is usually recommended immediately after washing the face. Cleanse your skin as usual and then pat dry with a towel. Using a product specially designed for oily skin will help reduce oily skin further. After your face is completely dried and you have applied the Milk of Magnesia to your skin, allow it to dry and then apply your regular makeup on top of it.

Pressed powder is not recommended for oily skin, as it does not give your face a chance to breathe. Try a loose powder on top of the Milk of Magnesia and foundation instead, as your skin will feel smoother and dryer than what is otherwise typical for your skin type.

In fact, many use the Milk of Magnesia as a primer for the sole purpose of having a smoother canvas to apply makeup on. Its oil-blotting properties regularly amaze those who have tried everything else, and those who experience slight increase in oil production during the summer months keep it on hand for those seasonal outbreaks and other skincare issues.

Milk of Magnesia reigns supreme in the makeup books of brides and others who are looking for a way to keep their makeup going strong all day. Causing products to “cling” to the skin, it has helped women look flawless in photos and ensured they never have to worry about touching up their otherwise oily and difficult skin.

From: Milk of Magnesia for Oily Skin - LoveToKnow Skincare

Reviews from people who've tried it: Makeupalley Reviews of Milk of Magnesia

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Now that the warm weather is here, my face is getting shiny. :mad: I remember a LONG time ago Walmart carried a mattifying gel that you put on before your makeup. I have searched Walmart and can't find it. Does anyone know of any products* out there available at a retail store? I guess last resort I could buy it online. TIA!

Good Lord, you're married now. Who cares. :lol:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
What mascara do you use? I noticed the other day your lashes are so long.

It's natural and a blessing and a curse. I have a wide variety of mascara; none of which I really care for too much cause they all make my lashes stick together after the first week or so. Everything is fabulous when it's brand new.

JULZ

BFJ
It's natural and a blessing and a curse. I have a wide variety of mascara; none of which I really care for too much cause they all make my lashes stick together after the first week or so. Everything is fabulous when it's brand new.

Lucky you! I have three different mascaras of which I use a different one each day for exactly the reason you stated above.

Cowgirl

Originally appointed by doctors to relieve constipation and other gastro-intestinal issues, many experts are now recommending Milk of Magnesia for oily skin care. Usually sold now in tablet form, the original white milky liquid version is still available, and this is perfect to apply to your skin the next time you find your oil glands overdoing it.

From: Milk of Magnesia for Oily Skin - LoveToKnow Skincare

Reviews from people who've tried it: Makeupalley Reviews of Milk of Magnesia

Who would've thunk it?! :lol:

Good Lord, you're married now. Who cares. :lol:

:lmao: I do!

Deneen

Mary Kay does make an Oil Mattifier. I found the M of M quite a hoot and plan to try it.