Word for the day.... "Insurrectionist"

seekeroftruth

Mark 15:1 Very early in the morning, the chief priests, with the elders, the teachers of the law and the whole Sanhedrin, made their plans. So they bound Jesus, led him away and handed him over to Pilate.
2 “Are you the king of the Jews?” asked Pilate.
“You have said so,” Jesus replied.
3 The chief priests accused him of many things. 4 So again Pilate asked him, “Aren’t you going to answer? See how many things they are accusing you of.”
5 But Jesus still made no reply, and Pilate was amazed.
6 Now it was the custom at the festival to release a prisoner whom the people requested. 7 A man called Barabbas was in prison with the insurrectionists who had committed murder in the uprising. 8 The crowd came up and asked Pilate to do for them what he usually did.
9 “Do you want me to release to you the king of the Jews?” asked Pilate, 10 knowing it was out of self-interest that the chief priests had handed Jesus over to him. 11 But the chief priests stirred up the crowd to have Pilate release Barabbas instead.
12 “What shall I do, then, with the one you call the king of the Jews?” Pilate asked them.
13 “Crucify him!” they shouted.
14 “Why? What crime has he committed?” asked Pilate.
But they shouted all the louder, “Crucify him!”
15 Wanting to satisfy the crowd, Pilate released Barabbas to them. He had Jesus flogged, and handed him over to be crucified.
So.... Barabbas was in prison with the insurrectionists who committed murder in the uprising. I binged it... and this is what the Merrian Webster Dictionary on-line has to say.

insurrectionist
as in rebel
a person who rises up against authority a would-be insurrectionist with a plan to bomb the capitol

So, here lately the noun "insurrectionist" has been in the news. The Criminal Court just found the head of the Oath Keepers to be an "insurrectionist". They are going to sentence him soon. He could get up to 20 years in prison. He didn't personally murder anyone, apparently.

So, we have a modern-day example [according to the Court] of a Barrabas. In the story in the Bible, Pilate thought no one would let Barrabas loose. He figured that was his way out of putting the "Healer" on the Cross. Jesus didn't do anything to threaten Pilate. Barrabas was a problem for the Roman Government and Jesus was not.

But the priests, teachers of the law, and the elders spiked the crowd with men who despised Rome. That's why they let Barrabas loose.... he was popular with the others who hated the occupier. Rome was occupying Jerusalem. Can you imagine that happening today? The church called in the rabblerousers.

Jesus was going to the cross. They could get back to setting up the vendors in the Temple Courtyard. They could get back to life as normal. "Messiah... yeah right".

But... that's what Jesus wanted all along. He had to be arrested, and beaten, and hung on a cross until He was dead. That way everyone would know He could leave the tomb empty... completing His Mission. He wasn't there to murder anyone. He was there to do away with death.

Word for the day.... "Insurrectionist".

:coffee:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
The Criminal Court just found the head of the Oath Keepers to be an "insurrectionist". They are going to sentence him soon. He could get up to 20 years in prison. He didn't personally murder anyone, apparently.​

The ONLY person that murdered anyone that day was the moron security officer that killed Ashli Babbit.

gemma_rae

Funny, I don't recall him being convicted of "murder". Murder must be adjudicated by a court to be called "murder."

Try again.
:killingme
Hilarious, and in the Religion forum at that. A seriously flawed sinner who believes the lack of judgement from other seriously flawed sinners should circumvent that of the inevitable imposed by the divine creator.

His adjudication is coming. Perhaps you should depart early in order to lay the groundwork for his defense.

Jesus is merciful. His Pops, not so much.:razz:

SamSpade

"injected with lead pills by panicked security officer until deceased"
How's that?
Feh. No one else was murdered that day, either. The whole thing is over nothing.

According to this definition, no one has "gotten away with murder" because you have to be found guilty in a court AND THEN get off scot-free.
OJ didn't get away with murder. The whole phrase is meaningless.

SamSpade

That whole story SHOULD bother anyone, on either side of the issue. Every other time I know of, when a law enforcement officer shoots and kills an unarmed civilian under any circumstances, at the very least an inquiry is made.

If it makes the news - depending on the salaciousness of the story - the LEO is widely accused of cold blooded murder, because the perp was "unarmed" (whereupon I tend to counter with "unarmed, twice your size and threatening to kill you" is kind of the reason people carry guns in the first place).

Then it makes the news, gets talked about, the guy goes to trial and when they are cleared, there MIGHT be a lot of civil unrest.

Hmmmm.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Funny, I don't recall him being convicted of "murder". Murder must be adjudicated by a court to be called "murder."

Try again.

Or tried, or even investigated.

🤔

And, little bot, "murder" was a thing before there was government to call it that. It's even in the Bible.

seekeroftruth

It's a Bible Study.... Barrabas was with the insurrectionists. He wasn't "accused" according to the Bible verses. He "was with them".

Still, he was released. So, Jesus could complete his Mission.

Let's not lose our place in the story. I only wanted to give you a sense of the political and religious temperature of the day.

Here's the link to the next few verses... in case you skipped them.

Jesus was not a liar.

:coffee:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Sure was, Pookie. But in our legal system here in the US it has a very specific meaning. 👍

Plus your cult masters have warned you not to ever use the word "murder" with regard to the killing of Ashli Babbit. You can only say someone was murdered when you're referring to the cop who died from a stroke the next day.

:yay:

HemiHauler

"injected with lead pills by panicked security officer until deceased"
How's that?

All I know is that if that dumb broad stayed home, there is a 100% chance she doesn’t spout blood from her throat like she did 😂

You pays your money, you takes your chance. Unfortunately for this broad, she doesn’t get a second chance 👍🏼