Working Kitchen Fire Catalina Drive

dgates80

Land of the lost
All occupants out of the house. Shutting off the road.
Heard a call that it will take 2 hours for Red Cross to respond. Gotta be a tough situation for the occupants... Heard a LOT of equipment responding. They returned everybody except one engine.
 

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
My son talked to the daughter of one of the responding fire-fighters. Fire was caused by a 13 year old cooking dinner. Grease caught on fire and then spilled onto the floor. Whole inside of the house is gutted.
 

SOMDREDX11

New Member
Somdredx11

Heard a call that it will take 2 hours for Red Cross to respond. Gotta be a tough situation for the occupants... Heard a LOT of equipment responding. They returned everybody except one engine.
UPDATE AND CLARIFICATION: THE RED CROSS DISASTER COORDINATOR HAPPENED TO BE ON LITTLE COVE POINT ROAD WHEN THIS FIRE CALL WAS DISPATCHED. THE DISASTER TEAM COORDINATOR WAS ON SITE WITHIN MINUTES ASSISTING THE FAMILY .WE DONT KNOW WHY OR WHO REPORTED IT WOULD TAKE 2 HOURS FOR RED CROSS TO RESPOND.
ONCE REQUESTED- RED CROSS DISASTER TEAM RESPONDERS HAVE UP TO 2 HOURS TO ARRIVE ON SCENE DEPENDING ON LOCATION OF EVENT AND EQUIPMENT /RESOURCES THEY MAY REQUIRE. ON AVERAGE PER CALL- 30-40 MINUTES IS THE SO MD RED CROSS RESPONSE TIME-
BECAUSE WE CAN'T RUN CODE.(LIGHTS SIRENS) .
BECOME A VOLUNTEER - A VITAL RESOURCE FOR THE COMMUNITY
SOUTHERN MARYLAND AMERICAN RED CROSS
888 276 2767
 

Justme2

Member
Ok that we be enough

That is four fires I have heard about since after Christmas either in the CRE or just outside the entrances.
One is too many. My prayers goes out to all the families!!!! :frown:
 

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
not true

not true
I guess the part about the inside was the exaggeration of the girl? While we were stuck in the traffic from it, a by-stander said the same thing so when the firefighter's daughter told my son the same thing, I didn't question it. Thanks for correcting my misinformation. :yay:
 

TurboK9

New Member
I guess the part about the inside was the exaggeration of the girl? While we were stuck in the traffic from it, a by-stander said the same thing so when the firefighter's daughter told my son the same thing, I didn't question it. Thanks for correcting my misinformation. :yay:
Define 'gutted' LOL!

Even a relatively minor fire can pretty much destroy a home... firefighters may have to 'ventilate' the roof and windows, and if they run a couple lines inside, fuh-get-a-bout it. Very messy and wet... heh. Not to mention the smoke damage...

Controlling a fire means controlling the ambient temp in the area of the fire. You have to let heat escape and get the temperature down through the use of 'fog', IE using a fine, soaking spray from the hose... this allows the FF's to work and prevents growth of the fire, and in the process, the home can be rendered uninhabitable for a time.

IE - 'Gutted'.
 
Top