World Equestrian Games

spellbound

Which hotels are you all staying in?
I think I am going but am waiting till the last minute to make plans....as usual.

lnmarsh

Love * Luck * Faith
Eitan Beth-Halachmy

Im sure that those of you who are at the games have heard, but for those of us stuck in SoMD, some tragic news from the games...

World-renouned equestrian Eitan Beth-Halachmy had a heart attack and/or stroke directly following the Opening Ceremonies.
Ill WEG performer listed in critical condition

The performer who fell ill at the opening ceremonies of the Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games Saturday night was world-renowned equestrian Eitan Beth-Halachmy.

His condition on Sunday afternoon was listed as critical, according to University of Kentucky Chandler Hospital.

Known for his Cowboy Dressage, Beth-Halachmy slumped off his horse, Santa Fe Renegade, as they left the outdoor arena Saturday night. Medical personnel performed CPR as he lay on the ground.

Ill WEG performer listed in critical condition - WEG: The Latest - Kentucky.com

Eitan is most well known for his Cowboy Dressage, however he has multiple prestegious titles in the Morgan show world. During the Opening Ceremonies at WEG, Eitan was riding multi-time Western Pleasure World Champion and Cowboy Dressage Morgan stud, Santa Fe Renegade. If you want to see some of Eitan's work in action, simply YouTube "Cowboy Dressage," "Santa Fe Renegade," or to see the horse who started it all, YouTube "Holiday Compadre."

If anyone is familiar with Eitan and would like to send well wishes, please visit CaringBridge / cowboy8 / Welcome.

Ill continue to post info as I get it... Thoughts and prayers go out to Eitan and his family.

lnmarsh

Love * Luck * Faith
Im sure that those of you who are at the games have heard, but for those of us stuck in SoMD, some tragic news from the games...

World-renouned equestrian Eitan Beth-Halachmy had a heart attack and/or stroke directly following the Opening Ceremonies.

Eitan is most well known for his Cowboy Dressage, however he has multiple prestegious titles in the Morgan show world. During the Opening Ceremonies at WEG, Eitan was riding multi-time Western Pleasure World Champion and Cowboy Dressage Morgan stud, Santa Fe Renegade. If you want to see some of Eitan's work in action, simply YouTube "Cowboy Dressage," "Santa Fe Renegade," or to see the horse who started it all, YouTube "Holiday Compadre."

If anyone is familiar with Eitan and would like to send well wishes, please visit CaringBridge / cowboy8 / Welcome.

Ill continue to post info as I get it... Thoughts and prayers go out to Eitan and his family.

Just a quick update... A friend of mine posted on a Morgan forum about Eitan.

I live in Lexington so the local news is covering it. After the opening ceremony in which he rode Renegade, he had a heart attack. When he slumped over in the saddle, the horn caught his spleen and injured it. As of the 11 o’clock news last night they said he was in a medically induced coma and that his spleen has been removed. A previous bypass surgery is complicating matters.

I had read that his spleen had been removed, but I didnt understand how that had anything to do with his heart attack. Apperently the horn of the saddle caught his spleen... Wow. Throw that on top of previous bypass surgery... SMH.

I hope everything turns out OK. Like I said before - Ill post more info as I find it.

devinej

oh that is awful. i don't know much about eitan but i know he does some amazing stuff. spleen plus bypass surgury, wow.....

razzle1127

Before the games started i was on a link where you can buy the tv coverage for 29.99 for the whole event. I cant find it. Someone help me. I wanna buy it and watch it on my tv. ahhhhhh.

thanks

lnmarsh

Love * Luck * Faith
Another update on Eitan...

So on the same Morgan forum I mentioned in an earlier post, a very well known and well respected Morgan trainer, Bill Hazen of PlayMor farm in KY gave the true, first-hand story of what happened to Eitan. His following post is from September 28:

I should have posted to this earlier, but I chopped my DSL line while pruning the hedges on Saturday. Finally just got it fixed.

Deb and Eitan have been staying with us during WEG, as Deb will continue to do for the next few weeks while Eitan recovers in the hospital. He is in an induced coma, but has been brought up to consciousness several times and has passed all physiological and neurologic tests thus far. He stuck out his tounge on Monday, but we’re not sure if that was involentary, or a commentary on the ridiculously simple questions he was being asked.

The extent of his injuries are mostly from the heroic efforts made to resucitate him moments after he hit the ground. His heart had gone into defibrulation (bottom stopped, top fluttering) and had he not fallen at the feet of local heart surgeon, Eitan would not be alive today. The Doctor recognized what was happening and immediatly began CPR, but not the CPR you see on TV. Real CPR, done by proffessionals, is quite violent. Most of Eitans injuries – broken ribs, fractured sternum, ruptured slpeen (which was NOT removed) – were the result of the efforts made to save his life, not from the fall. My wife saw the EMTs wheeling the gurney to the ambulance while this doctor, this angel, kneeled on the cart and continued CPR even as they loaded into the ambulance.

This doctor, whom has been in contact with Deb, was drug to the opening ceremonies by his wife, and was simply bored, walking around taking in the sights when Eitan landed at his feet.

Coincidence or Connection, I’ll let you decide, but it sure makes you think.

Barring complications, the Doctors at the University of Kentucky Hospital are gaining confidance that he will be well enough to leave the hospital in 2 to 3 weeks.

The Lord works in mysterious ways...

If I hear anything more, Ill be sure to post.