world gym-Leonardtown

SamSpade

I prefer the one closer to me in Hollywood, but mostly they're the same. I also prefer the setup in Hollywood as it's easier to use the machines which are set up in a more logical fashion (since at this point I prefer machines over free weights). The machines for abs and back and legs are together and they are laid out in typical fashion from largest muscles to smaller ones.

Leonardtown gym is bigger and has a much larger area for kids to play in, and I rarely have difficulty finding parking.

The only thing that annoyed me in Leonardtown was the clientele, who tended to hog the machines while basically doing nothing. It was irritating to wait or ask to use one of them while two or three people sat on one and just chatted idly. It didn't seem to matter when I went, there was always a few people sitting on them just talking. I realize if you do multiple sets you must rest, but I've timed "rests" at over 20 minutes.

warneckutz

The only thing that annoyed me in Leonardtown was the clientele, who tended to hog the machines while basically doing nothing. It was irritating to wait or ask to use one of them while two or three people sat on one and just chatted idly. It didn't seem to matter when I went, there was always a few people sitting on them just talking. I realize if you do multiple sets you must rest, but I've timed "rests" at over 20 minutes.

Push them out of the way

LC_Sulla

Anyone go there? How do you like it?

Hi! I have spent a lot of time at all 3 World Gyms (Lex Park, Leonardtown, and Wildwood). If you are a member, you can go to all 3.

Lexington Park is the biggest. The folks who go there are predominantly, but not all, there to work out and leave. A smaller portion are there to work out and socialize. Lex Park gym has the most equipment of all 3 gyms, by far. Some women have told me that they feel ogled at this gym, but that's just anectodal.

Leonardtown is a very social gym. If you become a regular there, and especially if you start taking aerobics classes, you will meet lots of new people. Leonardtown is smaller than Lex Park and has less equipment, but I have never had to wait very long to use anything.

Wildwood is the smallest IMO. It is also a social gym, but not as much as Leonardtown.

If you do take aerobics classes, look at the schedules of all 3 gyms. You will see that the aerobics class schedules are different at each to accomodate as many folks as possible.

Exercise groups recommend that you exercise at least 30 minutes a day at least 3 times a week if not every day.

Take care.