World Gym Mechanicsville

Cynsirk

My hubby and I are thinking of joining World Gym in Mech. Can I get some feedback on the setting? Mostly bodybuilders? Family friendly? Crowded? Thanks.

jules12

join profitness, they are cheaper and about to merge with world gym so you will be able to go there when they merge. I think they said the end of the month. I think it is like $10 cheaper than world and you will get the same benefits in a month or so...just a suggestion :howdy:

lovinmaryland

My hubby and I are thinking of joining World Gym in Mech. Can I get some feedback on the setting? Mostly bodybuilders? Family friendly? Crowded? Thanks.

I go there and it is great. The daycare for the kids is awesome, my kids are actually excited when they get to go there.

It is a little crowded in the evenings 4-7 but the mornings from 5am - 9 am arent bad at all.

I would say it is a mixture of people.

thurley42

HY;FR
join profitness, they are cheaper and about to merge with world gym so you will be able to go there when they merge. I think they said the end of the month. I think it is like $10 cheaper than world and you will get the same benefits in a month or so...just a suggestion :howdy:

you know that you have to have the all access pass to go from one world gym to another right?

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
What are they charging now monthly? Do they give you a discount if husband and wife join togther?

SoccerMom2

I asked world gym in LP and they said it still would be a while before profitness people can use world gyms.

lovinmaryland

What are they charging now monthly? Do they give you a discount if husband and wife join togther?

yes you do get the discount. Not sure what the going rate is. I do know that the daycare is the best deal $5 a month for all your kids or $1 per kid each time you go tot he gym.

MDTerps

Back in the saddle
yes you do get the discount. Not sure what the going rate is. I do know that the daycare is the best deal $5 a month for all your kids or $1 per kid each time you go tot he gym.

Huh??? You have to pay extra for the childcare?

I was told that you could not use the Mechancisville WG. Just Leonardtown, LP, PF, Owings.

lovinmaryland

Huh??? You have to pay extra for the childcare?

I was told that you could not use the Mechancisville WG. Just Leonardtown, LP, PF, Owings.

When signing your agreement you can either choose option A) an additional $5 a month for unlimited day care or B) $1 per child each time you bring them to the gym.

Cynsirk

12 month term for 2 person family is $76 a month, 24 month term is $69. The rates contract states that a "standard membership gives you unlimited access to other WG locations in Owings, Leonartown, Lex Park, LaPlata, Fort Wash, and Prince Fred." It also says that child care services are not included in membership and are additional fee. Thanks for the comments.

MDTerps

Back in the saddle
12 month term for 2 person family is $76 a month, 24 month term is $69. The rates contract states that a "standard membership gives you unlimited access to other WG locations in Owings, Leonartown, Lex Park, LaPlata, Fort Wash, and Prince Fred." It also says that child care services are not included in membership and are additional fee. Thanks for the comments.

Why does my contract say child care is NOT extra?

vanbells

Pookieboo!!!

Some World Gyms could be independently owned. I believe when I got a tour in La Plata, they said the owner had a World Gym in Mechanicsville and Fort Washington. So paying $39 would get you in the door to all 3 locations.

smacfit

World gym of LaPlata, Mechanicsville, and Fort Washington are under one group of owners, Lex park, Leonardtown, Prince Fred and Owings under a different group. The first group charges for childcare the second group of clubs does not. If you pay the "Total Access" rate which was mentioned before then you can use all seven gyms. They best thing to do is join the one that is closer to where you live. Although Mechanicsville charges for child care, it does have a great reputation.
Good luck

workaholic

Save the Tatas!!!

:faint:

I pay $40 a month for me and the wife with free child care.