World Record Longest Marriage Man dies at 105

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
Man married for 80 years dies at 105

Associated Press

LONDON - A British man who with his wife set the record two weeks ago for the world's longest marriage at 80 years died Wednesday at the age of 105, his bishop said.

Percy Arrowsmith and his 100-year-old wife, Florence, celebrated their 80th wedding anniversary and a place in the Guinness Book of World Records on June 1.

Shortly after reading the Guinness Book's acknowledgement, Percy realized there was only one way out of this living hell. His heart concurred. Arrowsmith died at his home in Hereford, northwest of London, with his wife by his side.

"Percy and Flo were very happy when I saw them on their anniversary," said the Rev. Anthony Priddis, the bishop of Hereford. "They were still very much in love with each other."

Earlier this month, Guinness World Records recognized the pair as holding records for the longest marriage for a living couple and the oldest aggregate age of a married couple.

The Arrowsmiths, who have three children, six grandchildren and nine great grandchildren, claimed the key to their long marriage was not to go to sleep on an argument.

"We will all be praying for Flo and the family in their grief," Priddis said.

Link to story...

SamSpade

I can't remember the comedian who had the skit that went "survived by wife....". It just goes to show that even if you live to 105, your wife is *STILL GOING TO OUTLIVE YOU!*

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
SamSpade said:
I can't remember the comedian who had the skit that went "survived by wife....". It just goes to show that even if you live to 105, your wife is *STILL GOING TO OUTLIVE YOU!*

Well, look where woman comes from... she is just there to rib us till we die. :ohwell:

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
RoseRed said:
I wonder how long it'll take for the Mrs. to pass away.

Are you kidding? Her husband just died. She has the best years of her life in front of her still!