World Records that make you go...

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
:barf:

Longest Ear Hair

Radhakant Bajpai of Naya Ganj, Uttar Pradesh, India, has hair sprouting from the centre of his outer ears (middle of the pinna) that measures an incredible 13.2 cm (5.19 in) at its longest point. The length of the 50-year-old's pinna pelt was confirmed by medical examiner Dr. R P Gupta.

"Making it to Guinness World Records is indeed a special occasion for me and my family," said Radhakant. "God has been very kind to me."

http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/index.asp?ID=57033

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Farthest Spaghetti Nasal Ejection

Kevin Cole of Carlsbad, New Mexico, USA, holds the record for the longest spaghetti strand blown out of a nostril in a single blow. On December 16, 1998, Kevin successfully achieved a record distance of 19 cm (7.5 in) on the set of Guinness World Records: Primetime in Los Angeles, California, USA.

Kevin first started practicing his nasal ejection with Ramon noodles and then progressed onto spaghetti. He has the ability to blow one end of the spaghetti out of one nostril, and the other end out of the other nostril for a "nasal floss" effect.

http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/index.asp?ID=52781

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Furthest Marshmallow Nose-Blow

The farthest a marshmallow has been blown out of one nostril and caught in the mouth of a catcher is 4.96 m (16 ft 3.5 in), by launcher Scott Jeckel of Delavan, Illinois, USA, and catcher Ray Perisin of Peoria, Illinois, USA, on the set of Guinness World Records: Primetime in Los Angeles, California, USA on August 13, 1999.

What did "mouth-catcher" Ray do after intercepting the munchy missile? He swallowed it, of course! He doesn't mind being on the receiving end of the airborne nostril candy. "I just try not to think about where the marshmallow's being fired from," he says.

The chewsome twosome first discovered the trick when their two families were playing cards together. "I put some popcorn up my nose, everybody laughed and I did too, then the popcorn shot across the table," recalls Ray.

Being competitive buddies, Scott challenged Ray. "I said I could shoot further than that. Then one thing lead to another and we ended up with marshmallows. They're exactly the right size, shape, and consistency, more aerodynamic than popcorn," says Scott.

Scott's perfected a shot-putter style technique for blowing. He tilts his head up, leans back and then whips his upper body and head forward while exhaling through his nose. Ray's receiving style is more like that of an outfielder – he moves around and tries to get under the marshmallow.

So what do their wives make of Scott and Ray's aerodynamic antics? "They think it's a hoot, and they're really proud," says Ray.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok, this one got even me. The thought of swallowing a booger-covered marshmallow is just too much. *gulp*

I'm done. :wink: