world series

GregV814

I am beginning to doubt the significance of the World Series. Have you noticed that each year, it seems to come down to the seventh game? Could it be that the games have been manipulated to promote more TV time and put butts in the seats enhancing revenue for all teams?

Sorry to be so cynical but thats how I see it.

donbarzini

You must vote democrat. You make a statement supporting a position. You ask a question soliciting input on that statement. When given information refuting your supposition, you resort to insults. I just pray that you don't reproduce

ass hole

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I am beginning to doubt the significance of the World Series. Have you noticed that each year, it seems to come down to the seventh game? Could it be that the games have been manipulated to promote more TV time and put butts in the seats enhancing revenue for all teams?

Sorry to be so cynical but thats how I see it.

I have a friend who thinks football is fixed. He was a VERY good high school quarterback.

To me, it implies an incredible amount of skill, far more than what seems obvious. But, hey, there was the Black Sox scandal so, there is historical precedent that, at the very least, some people thought it could be done.

However, Occum's razor, if we simply look at the make up of baseball to begin with, the major teams that always seem to be in the hunt, how no names can build a team, at least short term, and win, for a bit, it's easier for me to believe that the competition simply can produce these outcomes which is another way of saying there is something of a 'fix' in the make up of the game off the field that helps make game 7's more likely legitimately, on the field.

:buddies:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
You must vote democrat. You make a statement supporting a position. You ask a question soliciting input on that statement. When given information refuting your supposition, you resort to insults. I just pray that you don't reproduce

ass hole

:lmao:

GregV814

well, I just asked a question, YOU added the personal insult. My opinion does not agree with your facts, so be it. Okay. you win.

GregV814

scroll down to the buried reference at the bottom of your post, or, was that your signature?

GregV814

alright, since you guys are having fun with this, I have discovered that the Red Sox game results have been overturned by President Obama, because he believes that Boston area is blatantly wrong and unfair. The wealth of the liberal Northeast vicinity has the baseball champs, football champs, the Yankees are nearby. Its not enough that they have the Giants.
St. Louis on the other hand, is suffering with dreadful teams. So, in order to "you know" "spread some of the wealth around", he has decided that the San Diego Padres are factually the WS champs. Joe Biden will release a statement later on today proclaiming Seattle, "a damned good place".

Last edited:

donbarzini

alright, since you guys are having fun with this, I have discovered that the Red Sox game results have been overturned by President Obama, because he believes that Boston area is blatantly wrong and unfair. The wealth of the liberal Northeast vicinity has the baseball champs, football champs, the Yankees are nearby. Its not enough that they have the Giants.
St. Louis on the other hand, is suffering with dreadful teams. So, in order to "you know" "spread some of the wealth around", he has decided that the San Diego Padres are factually the WS champs. Joe Biden will release a statement later on today proclaiming Seattle, "a damned good place".

Not bad.

:buddies: