Worried about hungry dogs living outside...

sjolie90

Just a follow up, I told my cousin in Lusby about it and she drove by there today. She said she didn't go into the yard but she could see them and it looked pretty bad because they were so skinny and it's freezing cold outside. My cousin told me she was going to call animal control too. Maybe if enough people read this maybe the dogs will get help. I don't know. She said I spelled the neighborhood wrong earlier....it's Halls Hacienda.

Caution

Just a follow up, I told my cousin in Lusby about it and she drove by there today. She said she didn't go into the yard but she could see them and it looked pretty bad because they were so skinny and it's freezing cold outside. My cousin told me she was going to call animal control too. Maybe if enough people read this maybe the dogs will get help. I don't know. She said I spelled the neighborhood wrong earlier....it's Halls Hacienda.

Well hopefully someone who lives close by may go by, check and call. But for those of us not living there we can't really call animal control with third party information.

Just keep in mind that it is not totally abnormal to keep dogs outside. Usually there is a dog house involved though. I had coon dogs when I was younger and the ONLY time they ever saw the inside of a building was when I would take them to the vet as needed. But they had a dog house, food and water and got plenty of exercise.

dawn

If it will make you feel better take a run by the house and check on them, see if they're still outside and still look neglected. If that is the case, call AC again. Or you could post pics of the dogs and the address, then animal nutties on here will go steal the pups and burn the house down with the owners inside just to show them what happens to people who mistreat animals.

:diva:

You have to be the voice for the voiceless! :howdy:

Roman

I drove through the neighborhood today, and the only two dogs I saw outside, chained up were two large dogs with igloo homes. They looked fine. It's a small neighborhood with two culdesacs, and maybe about 10 houses. The problem with the dogs that were mentioned in this thread must have been taken care of.

KDENISE977

I drove through the neighborhood today, and the only two dogs I saw outside, chained up were two large dogs with igloo homes. They looked fine. It's a small neighborhood with two culdesacs, and maybe about 10 houses. The problem with the dogs that were mentioned in this thread must have been taken care of.

Yay ! That's wonderful !! :yahoo:

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
I apologize, sir. :peace:

I don't see where I was "ugly" at all. Feeding someone else's dogs is a no-no, especially when you don't even know the dogs. What if one of them had a food allergy or something? Did the sandwich have avocado or onions on it, which are toxic to dogs? Dogs are lactose intolerant - did the sandwich have cheese?

If you see an animal that you think is being mistreated, call Animal Control. Do not feed or steal them.

:nono:... i give my dogs cheese all the time... and we recommend using cheese if you have to give your dog meds..

also i give my dogs yogurt.... and its good for them.

now... letting them drink a gallon of milk... not so good. (but my hound is addicted to chocolate milk... so i leave him a small amount to make him happy) :jerry:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
:nono:... i give my dogs cheese all the time... and we recommend using cheese if you have to give your dog meds..

also i give my dogs yogurt.... and its good for them.

Then you shouldn't be owning dogs if you don't know how to care for them and are trying to poison them with milk products.

http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-feeding-tips/dogs-milk-dairy-products/
Some dogs have no problems digesting dairy products. Yet others experience acute intestinal distress — like gas, diarrhea or vomiting.

:razz:

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
Then you shouldn't be owning dogs if you don't know how to care for them and are trying to poison them with milk products.

http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-feeding-tips/dogs-milk-dairy-products/

Your animals should be taken away from you.

Dogs and Chocolate Poisoning: A Toxic Combination

(pssttt..... remember... i have over 15 yrs of veterinary medicine... and over 9 yrs of that is ER Veterinary Medicine.... I have seen almost everything that can happen to a pet)

well.... Im not giving my dogs bakers chocolate... and I know the amount of chocolate that would be toxic to my pets :yay:

and im not letting them eat a whole block of cheese :yay:

and fyi...anything new you give your dog can give them gastric upset

its tis the season for dogs to eat a bag of hersheys kiss..... :killingme

oh and tis the season for owners to bring in the older dogs to be PTS for no other reason than .... they are getting a puppy for xmas!!!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
(pssttt..... remember... i have over 15 yrs of veterinary medicine... and over 9 yrs of that is ER Veterinary Medicine.... I have seen almost everything that can happen to a pet)

And yet you didn't know that chocolate can kill your dog and lactose can make him very sick....

My point is that people come on here with some dog story or another and animal nutties jump all in their #### - "OMG!!! You shouldn't even have dogs if you don't want to take care of them!!!" They run off to "rescue" some animal that *they* feel is being mistreated, and all the other nutties jump on the bandwagon - "Oh, you are so wonderful and compassionate, rescuing that dog who was being given store brand food instead of grain and gluten free kibble! Why! :cds: do people even get dogs if they're just going to abuse them????" They catch hell for getting a breeded puppy - "OMG!! HOW!!! can you be so cruel when there are a million mutts looking for homes????"

It's bull####.

This thread is a textbook example of the hypocrisy that goes on in here. Had some stranger come into your yard and fed your dogs without your consent, forget the wanting to steal them part, you'd have had a fit.

If anyone but you (and other established animal nutties) had said they give their dog chocolate, the screams and gnashing would have set off the sirens at Pax. So perhaps we can give other pet owners the benefit of the doubt in the future?

Or are we having too much fun jumping to sanctimonious conclusions and being all important and chit?

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R

well.... Im not giving my dogs bakers chocolate... and I know the amount of chocolate that would be toxic to my pets :yay:

and im not letting them eat a whole block of cheese :yay:

and fyi...anything new you give your dog can give them gastric upset

its tis the season for dogs to eat a bag of hersheys kiss..... :killingme

oh and tis the season for owners to bring in the older dogs to be PTS for no other reason than .... they are getting a puppy for xmas!!!

That is horrible.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
PS, ICit, I'm busting on you to make a point. I trust you to raise dogs without my supervision. :huggy:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
How can you give her a pass?!?!?! She also freakin' makes them work several jobs to support her... the humanity...:cds:

What I can't wait for is next time she gives me crap about making Apollo's dog chow. Don't think I won't be bringing up that chocolate business.

mamatutu

mama to two

That is nice that you are still concerned about the dogs. I drive by Hall's Hacienda a lot because I like to turn left off Ball Rd. to get on Rt 4, instead of merging off Broome's Island. Thank you for your persistence and concern for the dogs. Not all people would care enough to do that. :smile:

Last edited:

acommondisaster

And yet you didn't know that chocolate can kill your dog and lactose can make him very sick....

My point is that people come on here with some dog story or another and animal nutties jump all in their #### - "OMG!!! You shouldn't even have dogs if you don't want to take care of them!!!" They run off to "rescue" some animal that *they* feel is being mistreated, and all the other nutties jump on the bandwagon - "Oh, you are so wonderful and compassionate, rescuing that dog who was being given store brand food instead of grain and gluten free kibble! Why! :cds: do people even get dogs if they're just going to abuse them????" They catch hell for getting a breeded puppy - "OMG!! HOW!!! can you be so cruel when there are a million mutts looking for homes????"

It's bull####.

This thread is a textbook example of the hypocrisy that goes on in here. Had some stranger come into your yard and fed your dogs without your consent, forget the wanting to steal them part, you'd have had a fit.

If anyone but you (and other established animal nutties) had said they give their dog chocolate, the screams and gnashing would have set off the sirens at Pax. So perhaps we can give other pet owners the benefit of the doubt in the future?

Or are we having too much fun jumping to sanctimonious conclusions and being all important and chit?

And if someone had seen Apollo outside alone while you were inside in your scenario and called AC, you'd be all cheesed and posting here about why can't people just let people be and couldn't they see that he was well taken care of and AC wasted their time and yours...etc.

OP's right. It's a forum. We're all supposed to fight and gnash our teeth at one another and make a drama out of everything. Otherwise this would be boring as hell.

mamatutu

mama to two
Hey, just trying to do my part. :shrug:

So, your opinions are only for the reason to get more posts/hits? As in more money for you? So, your opinions are not really your opinions? Got it. Thanks, vrai! I have a whole new perspective, now. How refreshing! :smile:

mamatutu

mama to two

You shouldn't be drinking coffee this late at night. But, I guess that is what trolls do. I will be so happy one day, when you, actually, contribute something noteworthy on this forum. Sleep well, Hankaroo, if you can. :poorbaby: