Worst Vice Presidential Candidate in History?

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
The Worst Vice Presidential Candidate in History?
May 22nd, 2006

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles.php?article_id=5515

On Sunday’s This Week program, ABC’s George Stephanopoulos interviewed John Edwards, the Democrat’s nominee for vice-president in 2004. During the program, the one-term Senator from North Carolina, made a publicity-provoking comment (video here) about the man who vanquished him and his erstwhile running mate John Kerry during the tumultuous campaign.

Hmmmmm, food for thought.

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
Penn said:
The Worst Vice Presidential Candidate in History?
May 22nd, 2006

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles.php?article_id=5515

On Sunday’s This Week program, ABC’s George Stephanopoulos interviewed John Edwards, the Democrat’s nominee for vice-president in 2004. During the program, the one-term Senator from North Carolina, made a publicity-provoking comment (video here) about the man who vanquished him and his erstwhile running mate John Kerry during the tumultuous campaign.

Hmmmmm, food for thought.
I don't like any of the four of them. We need something fresh in politics, not sure what, but maybe a third party candidate from a moderate platform would shake the to big parties into getting thier act together.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Bustem' Down said:
I don't like any of the four of them. We need something fresh in politics, not sure what, but maybe a third party candidate from a moderate platform would shake the to big parties into getting their act together.

Agreed. There's too much corruption going on, and as was stated earlier, in another thread - these politicians don't seem to care about representing their states or constituents - they're much more into protecting their seats in office, and preserving their party platform, than doing what's right for the country.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Bustem' Down said:
I don't like any of the four of them. We need something fresh in politics, not sure what, but maybe a third party candidate from a moderate platform would shake the to big parties into getting thier act together.
This must be the new, cool, hip thing to say because George Bush IS a moderate.

I will go public with my unhip, unMTV opinion and say I love the Republicans EXCEPT when they start acting like Democrats, which is what they're doing right now. The Democrats, on the other hand, have started acting like Communist freaks. So I'm not interested in a "moderate" party - I'd like a conservative party to vote for.

Penn says:
they're much more into protecting their seats in office

Well, duh! If we were smarter citizens, they would be able to do what's right AND keep their seats in office. As it stands, we're such a bunch of nagins that they have to do a whole lot of fancy footwork - otherwise they'll be voted out. And what's the point of that?

We get what we deserve.

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
vraiblonde said:
This must be the new, cool, hip thing to say because George Bush IS a moderate.
Oh yeah real moderate. Like how?? Apointing conservative judges? Banning stem-cell reaserch? Oh and then he's also pretty moderate on homosexual marraige. Vrai, he's more conservative than his father.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Bustem' Down said:
Banning stem-cell reaserch?
Research wasn't banned, just the use of Federal dollars, unless working with the already established strains.

SamSpade

Bustem' Down said:
Which are completely useless because of thier age.

Understood - but - stem cell research isn't banned anymore than religion is banned because it can't be funded with federal dollars. Anyone can do it.

Question: would you consider it barbaric to create fetuses for the sole purpose of harvesting them, for stem cells? Is there any reason to believe if the green light was given on this, that that wouldn't happen all the time?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Bustem' Down said:
Oh yeah real moderate. Like how?? Apointing conservative judges? Banning stem-cell reaserch? Oh and then he's also pretty moderate on homosexual marraige. Vrai, he's more conservative than his father.
Puh-leeze. :rolleyes:

Amnesty for illegal immigrants?

Billions of $$$ for African AIDS relief?

Prescription drug subsidies?

That unConstitutional campaign finance bill he signed into law?

His criticism of the interrogation methods used at Abu Ghraib and Gitmo?

His habit of hemorrhaging money at any problem that crops up?

I also don't find his SCOTUS picks particularly conservative - I can think of a LOT more conservative judges he could have appointed.

Conservative my ass.

Ken King

PREMO Member
Bustem' Down said:
Which are completely useless because of thier age.
Even so (if that is true which I have not heard) that doesn't ban research that is either state or privately funded (and that is embryonic only). Why does the Fed have to provide funding on this?

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
SamSpade said:
Understood - but - stem cell research isn't banned anymore than religion is banned because it can't be funded with federal dollars. Anyone can do it.

Question: would you consider it barbaric to create fetuses for the sole purpose of harvesting them, for stem cells? Is there any reason to believe if the green light was given on this, that that wouldn't happen all the time?
Stem cell don't have to come from fetuses, while those cells are the most versitile, useable cells can be attained from the umbilical cord.

I'll get back to you after I talk to a friend of mine tonight, she's a biologist.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Bustem' Down said:
Vrai, he's more conservative than his father.

To me, Bush seems somewhat liberal on most fiscal issues and conservative on most social issues.

Ken King

PREMO Member
Bustem' Down said:
Stem cell don't have to come from fetuses, while those cells are the most versitile, useable cells can be attained from the umbilical cord.

I'll get back to you after I talk to a friend of mine tonight, she's a biologist.
Funding for adult and umbilical stem-cell research is available it was only the embryonic variety that was limited.

Ken King

PREMO Member
vraiblonde said:
Why not? Bush provides funding for every other friggin' thing on the face of the earth.
This is where you and most others get it wrong. Bush only recommends a budget and then signs or vetos what Congress submits to him. It is they (the Congress) that funds all of these ventures and lacking line item veto it's an all or nothing package for the Prez to make a decision upon.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
My God!

Bustem' Down said:

....you're going to harvest HER stems cells?????

See, give an inch on this stuff and, suddenly, people are walking down the street, harvesting stem cells from the innocent and the infirm...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Ken King said:
It is they (the Congress) that funds all of these ventures and lacking line item veto it's an all or nothing package for the Prez to make a decision upon.
Hello! I can pull up any number of SotU speeches where Bush has said he's going to recommend this funding or that aid package to Congress and push for its approval.

Ken King

PREMO Member
vraiblonde said:
Hello! I can pull up any number of SotU speeches where Bush has said he's going to recommend this funding or that aid package to Congress and push for its approval.
Yeah, but unless the appropriators place it in the budget it won't be there regardless of what the Prez wants, it isn't his place to fund it.

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
Bustem' Down said:

Homosexual Marriage? Clinton signed on to marriage between a man and a woman... I guess he was too conservative. Oh, that is because it is not just a conservative issue. :yay:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Ken King said:
Yeah, but unless the appropriators place it in the budget it won't be there regardless of what the Prez wants, it isn't his place to fund it.
Ken, please don't make me lose my temper with you.

I said that Bush hemorrhages money. You said, no, that's Congress. I said, yes, because Bush recommends it in the first place.

I am aware that Bush isn't solely in charge of the budget. But I stand by my observation that he spends money like a drunken Democrat. Whether he can or cannot get Congress to approve it is beside the point.