Would you date your friend 'as an experiment'?

Misfit

Lawful neutral
Two friends decide to date each other for 40 days to absorb the other

As the old adage goes, it takes 40 days to make a new habit. But does the same apply to habits people make in relationships?

That's the question two dating-weary New Yorkers posed in their new site, fortydaysofdating.com. Designers Timothy Goodman, 32, and Jessica Walsh, 26, longtime platonic pals, decided to turn "When Harry Met Sally" on its head and go for broke — for better or for worse

The two Chelsea residents told the Daily News that it was one part social experiment, one part design project. "In an attempt to explore our habits and fears in relationships, we decided that 'dating' each other for 40 days could be a way to explore this," they explained.

acommondisaster

Only if I wanted to lose that friend.

Edit: Okay, now that I've read the article, I'll add that it's a crock. And it's a piece of fluff. They're such longtime good friends that he didn't know until now that she doesn't check her text messages much? And she's found out :horrors: that he eats Cheetos? Good grief.

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Only if I wanted to lose that friend.
^That^
Edit: Okay, now that I've read the article, I'll add that it's a crock. And it's a piece of fluff. They're such longtime good friends that he didn't know until now that she doesn't check her text messages much? And she's found out :horrors: that he eats Cheetos? Good grief.
For real :yawn: You wouldn't believe the chit I found out about :gossip: when we experiment dated.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
But others were more unconventional. "On day 31, we held hands for eight hours straight and captured it on film — even in the bathroom!" Walsh said.

:eyebrow:

ooo baby I have to go drop a deuce, keep holding my hand

WTFBBQ

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Wonder if Timothy got any?

Though the dates themselves happened between March and April, the duo is releasing each day from now until Aug. 18.

But do they get physical? Or perhaps kiss dating goodbye at the end?

"You'll have to wait and find out!" the not-so-couple couple said.

wouldn't that be the point of dating ...... :shrug: