Would you rather have that hour of sunlight in the morning or the evening?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
My body clock is hosed because of DST. By 9pm I think it's midnight and want to go to bed, then I wake up at 4am raring to start my day. It's annoying.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I go to bed at 8pm for work so having it light outside at that hour is not helpful. I prefer it dark when I go to bed.

I want both. Wake up with the sun, be out and about until 9pm. By the time 5pm rolls around now, I just want to crash, not even make dinner.

luvmygdaughters

I love having the extra daylight when I get home from work. But, I also like driving into work with the sun up. If I had to choose though, it would be more sun in the evening. Nothing like getting home from work and you still have a few hours of light outside to enjoy. Also, I cant see worth a damn at night and if its raining...forget it!

pbotz

I don't really care I just want them to pick one and stay with it forever.
fully agree, this back and forth switch blows

stay with daylight savings time for good and be done with it. sure a little more light in the am to work is great but many of us have a long commute and work long hours so your get daylight in the am, but darkness in the evening. Im out the door buy 515 and home by 545. I leave in the dark and return in the dark till we have longer sunsets.

stay with daylight savings time year round and enjoy some extra evening light. You are more likly to do things and spend money, so on when you come home from work and have a little light left to play with.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Evening, it would give me a few minutes to work outside before it's dark.
It's going to be dark in the AM regardless, so dark is dark.

officeguy

Lots of memes out there with a historic picture of an indian elder and the text:
'Only a white man will cut off the top of his blanket, sow it ot the bottom of the blanket and think that he has a bigger blanket.'

Smith

Staying with EST: about 2 months of sunrise before 5:00 AM
Staying with DST: about 2 months of sunrise after 8:00 AM
Suddenly switching clocks periodically doesn't seem so bad.

Reactions: TPD

TPD

the poor dad
I guess I’m the only one that likes changing the time in spring and fall. And I’ve said this before - just as we see here by the comments, if you pick one time and stay with it year round some people will still be moaning & complaining. I don’t want a sunrise after 8am. Come this time of the year I’m happy to retire to my lazy boy with a glass of wine by 5:30 as it’s getting dark. This is my lazy time.

Lump

I guess I’m the only one that likes changing the time in spring and fall. And I’ve said this before - just as we see here by the comments, if you pick one time and stay with it year round some people will still be moaning & complaining. I don’t want a sunrise after 8am. Come this time of the year I’m happy to retire to my lazy boy with a glass of wine by 5:30 as it’s getting dark. This is my lazy time.
Me exactly!!!!! I like both changes. More evening light in summer and a great excuse in the winter to come home, put on lounge wear and just be cozy and go to bed early.

Reactions: TPD