Wounded reporter disputes US troops claim

Christy

b*tch rocket
vraiblonde said:
When soldiers at a checkpoint tell you to stop, you stop. End of story.

Then why was she begging and pleading for her life?
:yeahthat: :rolleyes:

She's even worse than a lib, she's a communist. :barf:

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
Christy said:
She's even worse than a lib, she's a communist.

Ms. Sgrena, a 56-year-old reporter for the communist daily Il Manifesto
though she writes for a communist paper doesn't mean she is a communist. The fact that her writing supports the communist philosophy makes her the communist.

Chirsty, IOW, you are right.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
This woman is a bigger idiot then the vehicle driver. Solders observe a car racing towards a military checkpoint, after curfew, refusing to heed signals and warning shots to slow and stop, naturally it will be blown apart, enough said. You can't blame the solders for following approved rules of engagement.

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
Ken King said:
This woman is a bigger idiot then the vehicle driver. Solders observe a car racing towards a military checkpoint, after curfew, refusing to heed signals and warning shots to slow and stop, naturally it will be blown apart, enough said. You can't blame the solders for following approved rules of engagement.
I guess a little sensationalism is the only way she can sell a story. The actual even was probably a little more mundane and she had to spice it up a bit. Too bad she was only wounded.

S

scupper trout

Place yourself in harms way in a declared war zone and get shot. Am I missing something here? :confused:

"KILL A COMMIE FOR MOMMIE"

Last edited by a moderator:

Triggerfish

vraiblonde said:
When soldiers at a checkpoint tell you to stop, you stop. End of story.

There seem to be some dispute on that. It was a "temporary" checkpoint according to the army, which would explain some of the confusion. That type of checkpoint could just be a couple of armed soldiers and the driver may have not recognized it as a checkpoint. In this case they did have a tank though.

The reporter suggested that the U.S. Army may have wanted to ambush her.

The Italian foreign minister states that the theory about an "ambush" is groundless and what happened was an "accident."

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Triggerfish said:
What a tard. She was trying to say it was payback for Italy paying a ransom for her release. Like soldiers at a remote checkpoint would know about this mere hours after it happened. :rolleyes:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
The good news is...

Like soldiers at a remote checkpoint would know about this mere hours after it happened

...we're not the only ones with stupendously stupid reporters.

The bad news is there seems to be a global supply of them.

She oughta be thanking the troopers for ceasing fire when they did. If there was some grand conspiracy to take her out...she'd be road grease.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Triggerfish said:
There seem to be some dispute on that. It was a "temporary" checkpoint according to the army, which would explain some of the confusion. That type of checkpoint could just be a couple of armed soldiers and the driver may have not recognized it as a checkpoint. In this case they did have a tank though.

The Italian foreign minister states that the theory about an "ambush" is groundless and what happened was an "accident."
Dispute or not, as at times checkpoints will be moved or setup in new areas, it was still after curfew, no advance information about her release or them coming through that checkpoint had been given to the coalition forces, and the driver failed to stop when directed to, so he was stopped. From what I have read and heard it seems that the soldiers followed the ROE to the letter and that is all that counts.

AC/DC

Lord, I apologize.
I still contend that this was a planned action, of her concoction, for her to “get kidnapped” and have a ransom given to her captors to fund their agenda.

willie

Our response to her charges were way too mild. Everything thing she says is fiction. We should broadcast the tape of her bawling and pleading for her life followed by her statement about how well she was treated. If we're too civilized to rub her lying face in the mud then ignore it. She is trash.

B

Bruzilla

Here's the best part of the story... Yesterday at a later press conference, she says that she really doesn't know what happened, and that perhaps she chose the wrong words to describe what may have happened. After lots of questions, she pretty much admitted that her accusations that the US soldiers targeted her were incorrect. This was at about 12:30PM yesterday afternoon, and the accounts of the second press conference were posted on various internet sites for the reading of the general public by 3:00 PM.

Along comes the CBS Evening News With Dan Rather at 7:00PM, and guess what the lead story is? That this woman may have in fact been targeted by US forces, and the sole basis of the story is just this woman's delusional first press conference... the one she later admitted to as being wrong. They spent the first segment of the news cast talking about how this could be possible!

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I'm gonna miss Dan Rather...

and guess what the lead story is? That this woman may have in fact been targeted by US forces, and the sole basis of the story is just this woman's delusional first press conference... the one she later admitted to as being wrong.

I'm not confident that Dean and Moveon can consistently entertain me without his help.

Maybe a talk show!!?!?!

carolinagirl

What's it 2 U
vraiblonde said:
What a tard. She was trying to say it was payback for Italy paying a ransom for her release. Like soldiers at a remote checkpoint would know about this mere hours after it happened. :rolleyes:

:yeahthat: Her whole account sounds absurd to me. :duh: