WOW, I found our favorite member a wife.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
If she can afford fake nails, she can pay 20 cents for water.

And, she doesn't look like she's missed many meals - maybe if she stayed out of McDonalds she would have the money to open her own convenience store.

musiclady

She claims her grandmother was a slave and died this year at 104. So she's claiming they were still slaves in 1908?!

bcp

In My Opinion
She claims her grandmother was a slave and died this year at 104. So she's claiming they were still slaves in 1908?!

I caught that too.
her great Grandmother would not have been a slave either, June 19 1865 was the date that slavery officially ended. So, if her grandmother was born in 1908, her great grandmother would have had to have been born into slavery in Texas, and she would have been 43 at the time of her grandmothers birth,, if she was born right before slavery ended., however, in order to have actually been considered a working slave, great grandma would have to have been born in Texas in 1860, Age 5 was when slave children were given small tasks to perform and their slave labor started. So, I suppose that great grandma still could have had a baby (grandma) at the age of 48. Not likely, but possible.

Retrodeb54

Surely you jest ...
Okay, I'll say it...

I wonder if Sotterley has anything to do with this.

:cds: thats like saying Candyman, Candyman...Candyman

He will be here soon... *runs before JP shows up*

:coffee:

:note ...my head hurts now, that woman needs her mouth wired shut.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I caught that too.
her great Grandmother would not have been a slave either, June 19 1865 was the date that slavery officially ended. So, if her grandmother was born in 1908, her great grandmother would have had to have been born into slavery in Texas, and she would have been 43 at the time of her grandmothers birth,, if she was born right before slavery ended., however, in order to have actually been considered a working slave, great grandma would have to have been born in Texas in 1860, Age 5 was when slave children were given small tasks to perform and their slave labor started. So, I suppose that great grandma still could have had a baby (grandma) at the age of 48. Not likely, but possible.

True facts.. BUT...

Just becasue slavery officially ended, doesn't mean slavery ended..

WWII ended in May and September of 1945, but soldiers were still found hiding out and "fighting" until the 1980s.

Slavery may have officially ended, but it doesn't mean all of them ran from the plantations that particular day. Some may have voluntarily stayed on, as by definition they were slaves, but the way they were treated didn't fit the stereotype.

And I don't mean this to be racial, or racist, but if you lived in a mansion doing housekeeping duties, were fed well, and cared for (you and your family) why would you leave?

To put it in perspective.. If you lived in the slums, had your rent paid for you, got food stamps to buy food and beer, and free medical, why would you do anything different.

Same stories, different times, different masters.

But in reality, there are stories of families kept as slaves to the current day.. but the last from the plantation slavery days dates to the 1960s.

Last edited: