Wow...the keystone cops edition of China trade...

transporter

In a nod to his CEA Larry Kudlow's setup this morning...Donald Trump lays the foundation for failure in his so easy to win trade war with China:

Trump says China may try to delay trade deal until 2020 election
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump on Friday offered a pessimistic view on reaching a trade deal with China, saying Beijing may not sign one before the November 2020 election in hopes a Democrat who will be easier to deal with, will win.

“I think that China will probably say ‘let’s wait,’” he said. “‘Let’s see if one of these people who gives the United States away, let’s see if one of them could get elected.’”
“I don’t know if they’re going to make a deal,” Trump said of his negotiators. “Maybe they will, maybe they won’t.”

He said he did not really care, because the United States is taking in billions in tariffs.

While Trump insists the tariffs are beneficial to U.S. Treasury coffers, in reality the costs are passed on to U.S. companies and consumers.

What a buffoon....

And almost on cue...out steps CEA Kudlow again...with more insipid remarks...

Trump adviser says currency intervention off the table; Trump less clear

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The Trump administration has “ruled out” intervening in markets to lower the U.S. dollar’s value, even though President Donald Trump is concerned other countries are weakening their currencies to gain a trade advantage, a top White House adviser said on Friday.
White House adviser Peter Navarro, a trade hard-liner, presented Trump on Tuesday with ideas on how to devalue the dollar as a way to pressure China in an ongoing trade fight, according to a source familiar with the matter, confirming a Politico report, which said the president quickly dismissed the proposals.

Asked why he had decided not to act on them, Trump told reporters at the White House, “I didn’t say I’m not going to do something.”

Keystone cops...

BOP

In a nod to his CEA Larry Kudlow's setup this morning...Donald Trump lays the foundation for failure in his so easy to win trade war with China:

What a buffoon....

Keystone cops...

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.

Humbled

Admit it Trans. Hate him or not, you really have to admire him for not rolling over like a little b. boy like the last four presidents.

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
In the spirit of keeping the topic refreshed, let's add this:

I hate to break it to Mr. Brilliant, but, other than tariffs, the answer is none, niente, rien, nichts, nada … unless you want to go to war with China, which I don’t think anybody is ready for.

...until now, until Trump, China has had its way in negotiations with the United States, and with most of the rest of the world as well. Greed and cowardice have prevailed over courage and fair trade. Too many U.S. corporations—Google and Apple noteworthy among them—preferred to profit off the People’s Republic rather than confront it. Google came painfully close to actually creating a censored search engine for the communist regime.

Negotiations almost always have ups and downs. Convince the totalitarians that you mean business. Throw aside partisan considerations “at the water’s edge.” That used to be a hallmark of American foreign policy that has dwindled over the years and now barely exists in the Age of Trump. Exacerbating the situation is the seemingly unending political campaign coupled with the inability to accept the legitimate authority of a president for even a minute.

There's more good stuff (some of which parallels the next post). Click on over (reading time: +/- 5 minutes).

And this:

Two years ago, our friend Michael Auslin published The End of the Asian Century. Michael argued that, contrary to conventional wisdom, Asia is not on its way to global domination and China is not on its way to displacing the U.S.

Now, in an essay for Foreign Policy, Michael finds that the prospects for Asia in general, and for China in particular, have diminished further since he published his book. China’s decline seems undeniable, as does President Trump’s contribution to it....

The rest of Asia has taken note. “China’s economic slowdown, increasing repression at home, and threatening behavior in the South China Sea and elsewhere are making Asian nations warier of the power than ever before,” Michael explains.

Again, worth the click-over (reading time: +/- 3 minutes).

--- End of line (MCP)

WingsOfGold

What a buffoon....

Keystone cops...
Suck it up puss, you might have to pay 2 cents for your penny candy.

BOP

Cave man easy or some other kind of easy? Pray, do tell.

Standing by. In the interim, I'm guessing this is along the lines of your "easy" solution:

--- End of line (MCP)
He lost me at "According to 2016 data from China’s National Bureau of Statistics...." Sorry, Mr. Huang, you using a Chinese sources to back up your claims is circular at best.

Plus, I'll admit to bias. It's an article in the New York Slime, so I'm already prepared for a certain...perspective.