Wrestling Camps in Southern MD?

sinwagon

Does anyone know of any wrestling camps in southern maryland? I currently have my son enrolled in a camp at the University of Maryland (I work in College park) for a 1 week camp but its pretty pricey at $300 a week if you commute and $400 a week if you stay at the school.

They have additional weeks available but if I could find something more affordable with the same concept that would be great.

onebdzee

off the shelf
Does anyone know of any wrestling camps in southern maryland? I currently have my son enrolled in a camp at the University of Maryland (I work in College park) for a 1 week camp but its pretty pricey at $300 a week if you commute and $400 a week if you stay at the school.

They have additional weeks available but if I could find something more affordable with the same concept that would be great.

E-mail Bobby....stmaryswrestling@md.metrocast.net....he's the coach of the wrestling team for St. Mary's....he might know of some camps

I remember when my nephew was in wrestling a couple years back they had a 6 week camp at the Naval Academy in Annapolis over the summer

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
No "camps" in southernmaryland but we do have seminars and clinics periodically through the summer/post season.

UMD's camp is excellent and I HIGHLY recommend Cary Kolat's camp as well. Never been to the Annapolis camp but I've heard good things about it from others.

Bobby Samuel St. Mary's Wrestling Home here in St. Marys and Scott Mcadoo http://www.smwc.org/in Calvert run two EXCELLENT programs both in season, and post season.

Last edited:

onebdzee

off the shelf
No "camps" in southernmaryland but we do have seminars and clinics periodically through the summer/post season.

UMD's camp is excellent and I HIGHLY recommend Cary Kolat's camp as well. Never been to the Annapolis camp but I've heard good things about it from others.

Bobby Samuel St. Mary's Wrestling Home here in St. Marys and Scott Mcadoo http://www.smwc.org/in Calvert run two EXCELLENT programs both in season, and post season.

Some how I knew you'd chime in :howdy:

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
Some how I knew you'd chime in :howdy:

No surprise there huh?:biggrin:

Hey Sinwagon, how much experience does the wrestler have? If they have a few years under their belt and some fire for the sport, I'd suggest the Kolat camp over UMD's technique camp. Both are good but Kolat has fewer wrestlers per instructor and his intensity is nothing short of inspiring.

Sorry it took so long!

Excel Wrestling Camp at Westlake High School July 7-10
Westlake Coach Marty Margolis will be running an evening camp
July 7-10 from 5pm-8:30pm

Camp Staff
Coach Marty Margolis
-1991 Maryland State Champion
-2x State Finalist
-2x All-Met 1st Team
-University of Maryland Team member 1992-1997
-University of Maryland Letterwinner
-2006 Eastern National Champion

Westlake Wrestlers & other area coaches

Who is Eligible to Attend?
Boys and Girls between the ages of 7-14. (5 & 6 year olds with parent on mat with them.) Incoming freshman may attend but returning high school students may not attend.

Camp focus-
To teach basic wrestling skills but one session will be on the "crab ride." The crab ride was taught to Coach Margolis by <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on">Midlands</st1:place> champion Andy McNerney who also taught it to NCAA Champion Jesse Jantzen.

Tuition
$65 per camper.

For camp and registration information please contact
Coach Margolis at westlakewrestlingcoach@yahoo.com

molake

Patuxent sports camps

Patuxent High will host the following summer sports camps: Baseball from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. June 16-19; wrestling from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. June 23-27; basketball from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.; football contact from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.

For more information, call Steve Crounse at 410-326-1595 or e-mail crounses@calvertnet. k12.md.us.

calvertmma

I would check out / post your question on this forum. Maryland Wrestling ::