Writers strike benches late-night shows, but critics say they won't be missed: 'Too polarizing,' 'predictable'

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
Experts tell Fox News Digital a prolonged writers strike could do even more damage to the already weakened late night audience

The writers strike rocking Hollywood appears to not be ending anytime soon as studios have failed to meet the demands of the union workers responsible for scripts for TV shows and movies.

While several TV shows have halted production, perhaps the most stunted sector of showbiz is late night, which have been airing reruns since last Tuesday. Among the shows impacted include "The Late Show with Stephen Colbert," "The Tonight Show starring Jimmy Fallon," "Jimmy Kimmel Live," "Late Night with Seth Meyers," "The Daily Show," "Real Time with Bill Maher," "Last Week Tonight with John Oliver" and "Saturday Night Live."

NewsBusters managing editor Curtis Houck told Fox News Digital that the late-night shows have become "group therapy sessions for liberals during the Trump era and well into the Biden presidency."

SamSpade

Until I saw that list it hadn’t occurred to me how MANY late night offerings there were - besides the fact that they’re all liberal. (I can watch Fallon - he’s not as hooked on talking politics as all the others are).

Clem72

well, as they say, (whoever they are), when one door closes and angel gets its wings, .....or something...

I've been known to make convoluted commentary about things I have little knowledge of, in a sardonic theme... and I liked Steven Wright, the deadpan comedian...and my guvvement check is only once a month, so, I'll get a ride on a westbound 747, it never seems to rain in southern California, and be a scab late night TV writer. Man! the topics...... did you know why radio stations in the eastern states use a "w" as the first call letter??? (example WMAL, WPGC, WOOK) wherein western states have a k??? KTLA, KIIS ??

I'll interview Don Pardo about his days behind the "golden microphone"...
Pal, I know it can be a pain but you need to stop ignoring the CVS calls and go pick up your Thorazine.

gemma_rae

1684254107817.png