Wrong Limb/Organ Surgeries

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
ladylara said:
kinda makes you wanna write on your body in sharpie "just the tonsils" or whatever.
Did that when I had my knee surgury. Big arrow pointing to one knee labeled "Cut Here" other knee said "Wrong Knee" :lol:
 

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
I was almost a victim of that when I was a teen. I was supposed to have my leg operated on. I was on the table and they were about to put me under. I told the anesthesiologist, "Those are not my X-rays." He said, "What?" I told him again. He called over to the operating staff about it. The X-rays had the same first & last name but the middle name was different but started with the same letter. The other guy was in the operating room next door. Figure the odds. He had been in a car accident and was having his chest operated on. Me - leg; him - chest. Reversed - both bad but I think I would have gotten worst of the deal.

If I had been put under before the X-rays had been put on the board, we both would have gotten the wrong operation.
 

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
aps45819 said:
Did that when I had my knee surgury. Big arrow pointing to one knee labeled "Cut Here" other knee said "Wrong Knee" :lol:
Good idea. Read about some guy who had a leg amputated. Wrong leg. They had to come back and take the correct one after they had taken the wrong one. Now that is a bummer.
 

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
2ndAmendment said:
I was almost a victim of that when I was a teen. I was supposed to have my leg operated on. I was on the table and they were about to put me under. I told the anesthesiologist, "Those are not my X-rays." He said, "What?" I told him again. He called over to the operating staff about it. The X-rays had the same first & last name but the middle name was different but started with the same letter. The other guy was in the operating room next door. Figure the odds. He had been in a car accident and was having his chest operated on. Me - leg; him - chest. Reversed - both bad but I think I would have gotten worst of the deal.

If I had been put under before the X-rays had been put on the board, we both would have gotten the wrong operation.
Wow, that would have been awful. Some people know, my little brother was involved in a bad accident last Friday, and had his lower left leg amputated below the knee. He had another surgery today to put pins in his femur, and the operating table broke in the middle of surgery. :ohwell: I can't say anything nasty, because it's an awesome hospital and they're taking such great care of him, but come on. That's like something out of a sitcom.
 

Toxick

Splat
I remember when I had to get my :gossip: worked on, and they accidentally replaced it with a third leg.



Looks like a kick-stand.
 

cholo

¡Tengo una tarjeta verde!
2ndAmendment said:
The X-rays had the same first & last name but the middle name was different but started with the same letter. The other guy was in the operating room next door. Figure the odds.
Truly incredible odds. I would never have expected there to be another guy in the entire world named 2nd Amendment.
 

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Nickel said:
Wow, that would have been awful. Some people know, my little brother was involved in a bad accident last Friday, and had his lower left leg amputated below the knee. He had another surgery today to put pins in his femur, and the operating table broke in the middle of surgery. :ohwell: I can't say anything nasty, because it's an awesome hospital and they're taking such great care of him, but come on. That's like something out of a sitcom.
I am sorry about your brother.
 

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
2ndAmendment said:
I am sorry about your brother.
:huggy: He'll be okay, the hard part for me and the family is subsiding, and his hard part will start in the next few days, when he wakes up. I have to tell you though, if I didn't believe in the power of prayer before (which I did), I would now. That boy is alive today only by the grace of God. :yay:
 

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
cholo said:
Truly incredible odds. I would never have expected there to be another guy in the entire world named 2nd Amendment.
That would be Bill Of Rights. He was Bill Odd Rights.
 

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Nickel said:
:huggy: He'll be okay, the hard part for me and the family is subsiding, and his hard part will start in the next few days, when he wakes up. I have to tell you though, if I didn't believe in the power of prayer before (which I did), I would now. That boy is alive today only by the grace of God. :yay:
I put in my word for you, him, and your family when I first heard about it through the vine. Glad you are all coping.
 

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Nickel said:
Wow, that would have been awful. Some people know, my little brother was involved in a bad accident last Friday, and had his lower left leg amputated below the knee. He had another surgery today to put pins in his femur, and the operating table broke in the middle of surgery. :ohwell: I can't say anything nasty, because it's an awesome hospital and they're taking such great care of him, but come on. That's like something out of a sitcom.
Best wishes for a speedy recovery for your brother. :huggy:
 

ocean733

New Member
Nickel said:
... my little brother was involved in a bad accident last Friday, and had his lower left leg amputated below the knee...
Your brother, you and your family are in my prayers.
 
Top