WTF? So now...

B

Bruzilla

I guess the LA Times has forgotten why Arnold was elected into office in a recall election... something about the state of California being on the verge of bankruptcy? Yeah, I'm sure Arnold's got plenty of spare time to be out capaigning for anything.

willie

Originally posted by Bruzilla
I guess the LA Times has forgotten why Arnold was elected into office in a recall election... something about the state of California being on the verge of bankruptcy? Yeah, I'm sure Arnold's got plenty of spare time to be out capaigning for anything.
The media stirring the pot! Imagine that.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Ah-nold may very well BE against Bush. That's a screwy political situation right there.

Republican marries into a prominent Democrat family.

Republican's day job is Hollywood actor and almost all of his peers are liberal Democrats.

Republican can support his party member, with whom he has little in common; OR he can support his wife's powerful uncle's co-Senator.

:crazy:

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
Whether he is against Bush or not, they don't have anything to say he is. They are trying to make it like he is just because he is focused on his job.

rraley

Arnold would get little to nothing out of campaigning for President Bush: there is no way that Bush can win California and it would only upset the many Democrats that Arnold won in the recall. A lose-lose situation for Arnold so why would he do it? Plus, would Bush really want Arnold stumping for him; from what I hear Arnold isn't the smartest, most articulate stumper.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by rraley
there is no way that Bush can win California and it would only upset the many Democrats that Arnold won in the recall.
Do you see the contradiction in that statement?

rraley

Originally posted by newnickname
Will a Republican ever win Cali anyway? We can just hope that state falls underwater in the big one.

Shortly after hell freezes over...vraiblonde I don't see the contradiction, perhaps I am having a brain malfunction.

B

Bruzilla

You gotta give Arnold credit for sending thousands of trail lawyer heads to go through the ceiling. He is wanting to force up to half of all punitive jury awards to be put into a public fund to make life better for all Cal-e-forians. :biggrin: So someone who sues for damages will get their pain and suffering money, but only a portion of any punitive damages awarded, which will take a huge cut out of the money going to lawyers. The lawyers are furious... but of course that's only because they want more money going to their clients.:lmao:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
vraiblonde I don't see the contradiction, perhaps I am having a brain malfunction.
Republican Arnold won the Governorship. It's not such a stretch to think another Republican might carry the state as well. I mean, I agree with you - when hell freezes over. But if they voted for the Governator, they might go for Bush, too. :shrug:

Sparx

Shortly after hell freezes over...vraiblonde I don't see the contradiction, perhaps I am having a brain malfunction.

Keep it up with her rraley and you will see why my posts turned imediately pointed. I was called a TARD (her favorite word I think) in my first conversation on these boards. These people don't want a good debate they want to call names and twist every liberal view posted here.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Sparx
Keep it up with her rraley and you will see why my posts turned imediately pointed. I was called a TARD (her favorite word I think) in my first conversation on these boards. These people don't want a good debate they want to call names and twist every liberal view posted here.
Who has got the cheese, because we certainly have the whine right here?

Pete

Repete
Don't you think it is possible that your "bomb and run" style of "debate" is what catches you grief, drop some exstemist left wing article and run? Or your grossly innacurate, misleading and outright untruths are what lost you any credibility?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by Pete
Don't you think it is possible that your "bomb and run" style of "debate" is what catches you grief, drop some exstemist left wing article and run? Or your grossly innacurate, misleading and outright untruths are what lost you any credibility?
Nah - couldn't be that.

Toxick

Splat

So I ax you again.

If you hate everyone so much - why do you come here?

And for the record, I read a very good, thought provoking debate against liberal versus conservative this very day. Right here in the forums. It was unusually cordial, and both sides ended up respecting each other's view points - even though at the end they all still disagreed.

I, myself, have had heated debates on these boards, and they have never resorted to name calling.