WTH is wrong with these people????

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Norm Macdonald says women upset by Louis CK's surprise set should get $200 to help 'get through the trauma'

Norm Macdonald said women upset by Louis C.K.’s recent surprise set at the Comedy Cellar should be paid $200 so they “could get through the trauma."

snip

“But if some women were upset, the Comedy Cellar should give them their money back and $200 each,” he added. “$200. I think they could get through the trauma if they were paid $200 and could buy some nice shoes.”

My god. I don't even know what to say about these putzes anymore.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
That pales in comparison to the compensation I believe I'm due from all the trauma inflicted on my by this forum.

hitchicken

That pales in comparison to the compensation I believe I'm due from all the trauma inflicted on my by this forum.

You bring it on yourself.

Attachments

• fireoxen4.jpg
    fireoxen4.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 403

MiddleGround

You do realize this was Norm McDonald poking fun at the rationalization that women deal with stress and trauma by shopping right? Its all a joke! Lighten up and do SOMETHING that doesn't involve politics for the love of god!!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I don't practice retail therapy. In fact, I really don't like to shop. I want in and out fast to get what I need. The boyfriend sure appreciates it! :lol:

You do realize this was Norm McDonald poking fun at the rationalization that women deal with stress and trauma by shopping right? Its all a joke! Lighten up and do SOMETHING that doesn't involve politics for the love of god!!

Knowing Norm, I'd say he was being very factious and exercising reductio ad absurdum.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You do realize this was Norm McDonald poking fun at the rationalization that women deal with stress and trauma by shopping right?

I realize that. What I also realize is that most people understand that there's a time and a place for everything, and joking when discussing sexual assault is neither the time nor the place.

"Women were uncomfortable with sexual predator Louis CK showing up unannounced to perform."
"Meh, here's $200 - tell 'em to go buy some shoes."

Even Norm understood it after it was explained to him:

“Roseanne and Louis have both been very good friends of mine for many years. They both made terrible mistakes and I would never defend their actions,” Macdonald tweeted. “If my words sounded like I was minimizing the pain that their victims feel to this day, I am deeply sorry.”

Its all a joke! Lighten up and do SOMETHING that doesn't involve politics for the love of god!!

I'm not sure why you think comedians making inappropriate jokes has to do with politics.

MiddleGround

Of course Norm had to apologize. Who doesn't when people take offense to ANYTHING these days?? The guy tried to make light of a bad situation and it backfired. People used to just say "Whatever" and move on with their lives. Today, people make it a CAUSE.