Wth?!

kelleymauck

mind freak
Okay-here's my problem. I'm trying to copy files to a cd from my old hp and it won't let me. My old hp is sooooooo slow. I know there's something wrong with it but it won't let me copy the files to a cd. Or email the folders contents either. I think the hp is seriously infected with some virus. I want to get it fixed but I don't want the whole memory erased. Any ideas?

meme

The Smart Hooker
kelleymauck said:
Okay-here's my problem. I'm trying to copy files to a cd from my old hp and it won't let me. My old hp is sooooooo slow. I know there's something wrong with it but it won't let me copy the files to a cd. Or email the folders contents either. I think the hp is seriously infected with some virus. I want to get it fixed but I don't want the whole memory erased. Any ideas?

Do you have enough memory on your older computer? If you do, have you tried running a virus scan thingy? Usually they will pick up if you do have a virus and clean up your files without erasing anything.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
You can get one of those memory sticks that plugs into the usb port. That should enable you to transfer the infected files to your new computer and get the virus running there.

John Z

if you will
A couple of thoughts from left field:

Some computers run really slow when the hard drive is almost full (because the hard drive is used to augment system memory). Check that there is some room on the hard drive. If you have something like 3 MB left, you are in trouble. Delete some files.

You do have CD burning software on your computer, right?

kelleymauck

mind freak
We've tried all sorts of virus and spyware software to get the computer to work right. But no such luck. All I want from the old computer is pictures that I had saved. So I guess one of those memory stick would work. I didn't think of that.