Xbox 360 Intercooler

LordStanley

I know nothing
After my experience of the Red ring of death and knowing the boxes have heat issues, is it worth getting the intercooler attachment for the console.

Do any of you have them?

warneckutz

After my experience of the Red ring of death and knowing the boxes have heat issues, is it worth getting the intercooler attachment for the console.

Do any of you have them?

I had one, didn't save my first 360. I think it's a heat sync issue INSIDE the box and I think it was a performance flaw on Microsoft's part. I've seen pics where the intercoolers supposedly "burned up". I keep my 360 sitting on my desk in a completely open area so it can breathe.

J

juggy4805

I never bought any cooler attachment. My 360 is sitting upright, not on any carpet and nothing is near it. Not saying this is the best way to do it, but I haven't had any problems yet. I would suggest placing it in an open space.

smoothmarine187

I've got another question, I've got my 360 laying down flat. It looks like my disks are getting scratched up, does it matter if you stand it up or lay it down?

LordStanley

I know nothing
I had one, didn't save my first 360. I think it's a heat sync issue INSIDE the box and I think it was a performance flaw on Microsoft's part. I've seen pics where the intercoolers supposedly "burned up". I keep my 360 sitting on my desk in a completely open area so it can breathe.

Mine is out in the open also... Well if they dont work, Ill refrain from buying one

LordStanley

I know nothing
I've got another question, I've got my 360 laying down flat. It looks like my disks are getting scratched up, does it matter if you stand it up or lay it down?

I heard just the opposite. If you keep the xbox verticle, it scratches the disks. Mine lays flat, and I havent seen any scratches.

Solja_Boy

The disks get all scratched up when people move it from horizontal to vertical while it is turned on with a disk inside.

I have also herd a lot of bad things about the intercoolers messign up 360s.

MLGTS08

live.LAUGH.love
My b/f has an intercooler for his 360, he has never had any problems. Just makes it much louder.

Kerad

Mine is out in the open also... Well if they dont work, Ill refrain from buying one

Every review I've read did not recommend them...unless you think your 360 isn't quite loud enough. They reported some 360s ringed even with the intercooler. As long as you don't store it in an enclosed A/V cabinet you're doing pretty much all you can do.

I had a 1st-Gen 360 that ringed after 9 months. I swapped it, and haven't had one bit of trouble with my current one.

LordStanley

I know nothing
Thanks for all the inputs everyone... Im opting out in getting one. From what you all told me and what I read on the net, they are junk and not worth it.

Since I just got my box back from MS, hopefully the heat issue has been fixed.

mainman

Set Trippin
Thanks for all the inputs everyone... Im opting out in getting one. From what you all told me and what I read on the net, they are junk and not worth it.

Since I just got my box back from MS, hopefully the heat issue has been fixed.
Pretty mixed reviews on the net... I have one on my Xbox, it makes it louder... Working on computers I do know that cooler is better... this thing is blowing cool air, so I will keep using it...:shrug:

basher

LEET
I like my cooler, cuz it also serves as a vertical stand and can recharge one of my battery packs too