Xbox360 RRoD

basher

LEET
I can't access your link here at work...so maybe something I just posted is refuted by your link.

My friend's new Elite is the 175W version, and he says he can tell the difference.

This is what one guy said to do: the "flashlight test"

Shine a flashlight through the side vent on the right of the console with it lying down horizontal. Then look through the top right vent. If you see two circle inductors and a space where a third should be, then you have a falcon. If there's 3, you have an older zephyr model.

Kerad

This is what one guy said to do: the "flashlight test"

Shine a flashlight through the side vent on the right of the console with it lying down horizontal. Then look through the top right vent. If you see two circle inductors and a space where a third should be, then you have a falcon. If there's 3, you have an older zephyr model.

Interesting. That would be the way to do it, without cracking the case. Does this mean some Falcons were released with a 203 power supply? I know that if you have a 175W, you most certainly have the new one.

I got my current Box before the Falcons were released...so I know I don't have one. Maybe Pete does, though. I read somewhere that the Halo 3 editions were going to have the Falcons.

I think I'm going to crack mine open this weekend and have a look. The BestBuy warranty's expired...so really nothing to lose. At least I'll get all the dust out of there and see if that helps. It's on it's last legs, anyways.

Pete

Repete
Interesting. That would be the way to do it, without cracking the case. Does this mean some Falcons were released with a 203 power supply? I know that if you have a 175W, you most certainly have the new one.

I got my current Box before the Falcons were released...so I know I don't have one. Maybe Pete does, though. I read somewhere that the Halo 3 editions were going to have the Falcons.

I think I'm going to crack mine open this weekend and have a look. The BestBuy warranty's expired...so really nothing to lose. At least I'll get all the dust out of there and see if that helps. It's on it's last legs, anyways.

I will look. seems from all that was written if the heatsink does not have the pipe looking thing running through it you have falcon. Should be easy to see.

Solja_Boy

anybody else get it?, just got it last night. All those marathon nights of playing Halo3 and Cod4 has killed it I think. I would send it in, but my warranty is void due to me opening up the case to get the drive to cough up my Gears of War game back.....most likely due to me setting the console from horizontal to vertical. I never heard of the RRoD and didn't think of anything bad happening way back then, so I didn't care about voiding the warranty, I just wanted to play again.

Anyway, I opened the console up again, sprayed all the dust out, put it back together, and powered on. It worked......for about 5 minutes and froze on me. It'll work for few minutes at a time and freeze up every time, but no RRoD. So now what do I do? There's some idiot on YouTube (if you have RRoD) that wraps towels around it to heat it up for 30 minutes, let's it cool and it works for a couple of days.....and he does it again.....but some people have claimed that it eventually fries your xbox360 after doing it too many times. I'm at work, so I can't post the link to the video right now.

I go the red ring of death on my 360 about a year ago. It was out of warenty so I sold it on ebay for 200 bucks. I just said my 360 doesn't work and I dont know why in the add.

basher

LEET
I go the red ring of death on my 360 about a year ago. It was out of warenty so I sold it on ebay for 200 bucks. I just said my 360 doesn't work and I dont know why in the add.

i actually thought about going on ebay to look for a cheap broken xbox with RRoD to see if I could fix it and resell it on ebay for more, but i'm sure there are some geeks out there that are already doing the same thing.

Kerad

Best Buy in Waldorf has the Falcons in the Pro's. (Hidden behind some 203W's)

Dig Deep! :yay:

basher

LEET
Best Buy in Waldorf has the Falcons in the Pro's. (Hidden behind some 203W's)

Dig Deep! :yay:

those sneaky bastards.....I do the same when I grocery shop to get the later expiration dates.
so far so good, I haven't gotten the RRoD back yet after fixing it up on Monday. I'll wait another week, then I'll be able to buy my graphics card instead for my PC. :starcat:

Kerad

those sneaky bastards.....I do the same when I grocery shop to get the later expiration dates.
so far so good, I haven't gotten the RRoD back yet after fixing it up on Monday. I'll wait another week, then I'll be able to buy my graphics card instead for my PC. :starcat:

It pays to be an informed shopper. :yay:

Anyways, I picked it up, and I can certainly tell the difference. It's noticeably quieter than the previous version...though it certainly isn't "quiet". Also, it's faster...in regards to game loading times, the dashboard blades, etc..