Xmas thing at the fairgrounds

dave1959

Last year there was a Xmas "thing" at the fairgrounds, I believe it was put on buy a church.. anyone know if it is going on this year.

nelsonmuntz

This?
Mechanicsville VFD Ladies Auxiliary Holiday Bazaar
The Mechanicsville Vol. Fire Department Ladies Auxiliary is hosting the Annual Holiday Bazaar Sunday November 27, 2016 from 10am-3pm. The event is being held at the St. Mary's County Fairgrounds in Leonardtown Maryland. More then 50 crafters and vendors have already registered for our event. For more information call 240-538-5261 or email amycopsey@hotmail.com. Hope to see you there!'
This was posted on the calendar from this site.

BernieP

Resident PIA
I believe the OP was asking about the Christmas festival that was organized by Southpoint Church last year.

mitzi

I believe the OP was asking about the Christmas festival that was organized by Southpoint Church last year.

Yes. That was 2 years ago. It think it they were overwhelmed by the crowd. Traffic was backed up to the light in Leonardtown by Burch Mart.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Yes. That was 2 years ago. It think it they were overwhelmed by the crowd. Traffic was backed up to the light in Leonardtown by Burch Mart.

They learned a lot from that event. I believe the one thing they learned was it takes many MANY months to plan.

mitzi

They learned a lot from that event. I believe the one thing they learned was it takes many MANY months to plan.

It sure was a great idea though. I wanted to go, but when I saw the traffic backed up to town I stayed home.

pbotz

Christmas at the fairgrounds

This event is not planned for this season. I know a member of that church and asked over the summer if it will be this year and she said no. There interested and want to plan on doing it next year though. I took my family and thought it was really nice. I was told the reason it was not planned this year or last was the ammount of effort needed and planning required. As someone previously mentioned i believe the turn out was far more than was expected. We will see what happens for the 2017 christmas season.