XP vs Corel's wordperfect

boomer

My computer runs on up-to-date XP. I use WordPerfect ver 8.0 which often
hangs and/or shuts down. It also blinks about every 12 seconds. Cannot figure what the problem might be.

I have an older WP6.1 which worked like a champ on Win98se. Will it work with XP?

Anyone have an answer? Suggestions?

tha boom

S

Schizo

boomer said:
My computer runs on up-to-date XP. I use WordPerfect ver 8.0 which often
hangs and/or shuts down. It also blinks about every 12 seconds. Cannot figure what the problem might be.

I have an older WP6.1 which worked like a champ on Win98se. Will it work with XP?

Anyone have an answer? Suggestions?

tha boom

Try installing an updated graphics card driver?

C

czygvtwkr

IF you are looking for a pretty good (and free) office suite try www.openoffice.org. The wordprocessor isn't bad and I like the spread sheet better than Excel

willie

boomer said:
thanks for the suggestion, but I should have mentioned, this machine is less than 5 months old.
My machine is only 3 weeks old and the Intel graphics card won't even power down a ViewSonic monitor. New stuff isn't necessarily good stuff.

K

Kizzy

Vince said:
Check with the WP site and see if they have any patches for use with XP.

I just did and I didn't see any, only versions 9.0 and above. click

If I can remember correctly, I also had issues with 8.0 running on XP. I now have version 10.0.

Another option is to call Corel and see if they can direct you to a patch of some sort if one exist. It might be time to upgrade. :shrug:

mainman

Set Trippin
Version 6 is going back a bit, if I am not mistaken it is a 16 bit app, dos based.

You bought a new machine and didnt get an office suite installed initially? :bonk:

K

Kizzy

mainman said:
Version 6 is going back a bit, if I am not mistaken it is a 16 bit app, dos based.

You bought a new machine and didnt get an office suite installed initially? :bonk:

:lol: I just KNEW you'd respond with something to that effect.

BTW, my son seems to think you saw me singing in the truck yesterday. :whistle:

He pointed to the right and said "I hope you're embarrassed now." :killingme

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
I like MS Office apps (including of course Word). I had Office Pro 2K and Win 98 until last week, when I installed Win XP Pro and Office 2003 Pro. Everything is stable and runs perfectly.

Corel Office came with my laptop (which is running XP), but I installed Office 2K Pro and am using that instead.