Yard work....

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
I killed a baby copperhead that was slinking thru the backyard.

It's dead, Jim.
I killed 2 snakes while cleaning out my flower bed. They were babies, reddish tan. Daughter asked what kind they were, I said the dead kind.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
From your house, go south on 235 and turn right on Friendship School Road. Follow it around the quarry and stay to the right onto Parson's Mill Road. On your right will be the nursery, right after the school house. It's an Amish place. Great variety and prices.

Going today... I got side tracked replying to other postings but as soon as I get my coffee and hit the ATM, I'm going that way.

You know... to just look around and stuff. :wink:

Dakota

~~~~~~~
Report back! :lol:

That place is terrible... just terrible... nobody should ever go there...

if they want to hold on to any of their money. :lol:

We picked up way more than we needed for sure and we could have gotten more. Very neat place and excellent prices. I did get a orange climbing rose bush. I have never seen orange blooms on a rose bush before and already have white, pink, yellow, and red.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
That place is terrible... just terrible... nobody should ever go there...

if they want to hold on to any of their money. :lol:

We picked up way more than we needed for sure and we could have gotten more. Very neat place and excellent prices. I did get a orange climbing rose bush. I have never seen orange blooms on a rose bush before and already have white, pink, yellow, and red.

Told ya! I LOVE that place!

Dakota

~~~~~~~
Throw the rat into the pool and let him learn how to swim.
Great exercise.

2 weekends in a row I have introduced her to the water. Last week, it was a baby pool. Today, I put her in the big pool (we opened it earlier today). So far so good. We need to practice her swimming so she knows how to exit but she had zero issue laying on the 1st step going in and really seemed to be enjoying the water.

We didn't know what in the hell to expect because we have a designer dog - a Boston Terrier/Pug mix they call a "bugg," but I've seen several videos online showing that they do enjoy the water.

I hope she does. It will help us burn off some of her energy.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
2 weekends in a row I have introduced her to the water. Last week, it was a baby pool. Today, I put her in the big pool (we opened it earlier today). So far so good. We need to practice her swimming so she knows how to exit but she had zero issue laying on the 1st step going in and really seemed to be enjoying the water.

We didn't know what in the hell to expect because we have a designer dog - a Boston Terrier/Pug mix they call a "bugg," but I've seen several videos online showing that they do enjoy the water.

I hope she does. It will help us burn off some of her energy.
:yay::yay:

Dakota

~~~~~~~
Yo Stud. Have you ever powerwashed your roof/shingles?

You use a garden sprayer and there are various mixes online you can try. I had good luck with a pool shock mix. I had horrible stains on the back side of my house and after removing many trees on our garage side, it was noticiable. If I remember correctly, I had to leave it on for 15-20 minutes and rinse. I used my power washer with a very low pressure tip to rinse it off. You will tear up your roof if you use a power washer directly on your roof.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
Told ya! I LOVE that place!

I was back there today :blushing:

I still have yet walked the entire place. I get so far, feel I have enough and stop. :lol:

I bought 2 of the foot bricks the last time I was there and felt 1 more was needed for it to look right. Now that I have 3, I think I need 1 more. :wink:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I was back there today :blushing:

I still have yet walked the entire place. I get so far, feel I have enough and stop. :lol:

I bought 2 of the foot bricks the last time I was there and felt 1 more was needed for it to look right. Now that I have 3, I think I need 1 more. :wink:
That place is dangerous! :lol:

Vince

Pollen!! :yikes: Today I trimmed all the bushes around the house. The pollen came out like a yellow dust storm. Clogged up, choked up, and sneezing my ass off. Glad that chore is done.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
That place is dangerous! :lol:

We got one of the unfinished fire hydrants they had and painted that sucker red today. Somebody would have to come up my driveway and walk up my sidewalk to see it but it is the cutest thing. Between the 2 trips, we've gotten the fat pig chilling, a turtle, an eagle and 2 pelicans on a perch along with several plants.

We totally LOVE the beautiful sounding Corinthian Bells they have but have not been able to justify the expense (about $150 for windchimes :yikes:) in the past even though the prices are far more reasonable there vs. other places we've seen them. My husband and I decided that since our 25th anniversary is just 10 weeks away, we are going to finally buy 1. We both have everything we have ever wanted and this will be something we can enjoy together. My husband suggested this and I think it is perfect.

Vince,

I trim the bushes in the fall to avoid pollen.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
We got one of the unfinished fire hydrants they had and painted that sucker red today. Somebody would have to come up my driveway and walk up my sidewalk to see it but it is the cutest thing. Between the 2 trips, we've gotten the fat pig chilling, a turtle, an eagle and 2 pelicans on a perch along with several plants.

We totally LOVE the beautiful sounding Corinthian Bells they have but have not been able to justify the expense (about $150 for windchimes :yikes:) in the past even though the prices are far more reasonable there vs. other places we've seen them. My husband and I decided that since our 25th anniversary is just 10 weeks away, we are going to finally buy 1. We both have everything we have ever wanted and this will be something we can enjoy together. My husband suggested this and I think it is perfect.

Vince,

I trim the bushes in the fall to avoid pollen.
:yay:

Dakota

~~~~~~~
Over a year later and we have made many changes. Just before Christmas, we installed 220 feet of additional fencing to increase the size of our back yard. The best decision we have EVER made. When I have talked about all the clearing of property I have done, it was from behind the old fence to the shed and from the shed to the main road coming into our street.

With the nicer Fall weather we had, we were able to check tons of stuff off of our Spring "to do" list so it wasn't as brutal the last few months.

The only issue I am having is that I had to remove a large flower bed to make this additional fencing work. We had a 6 foot privacy fence around our pool and removed 1 entire portion to incorporate the old with the new. I have a picture below (remember this was taken in December so nothing was in bloom). I am having issues with a vole between the new portion of fencing and old (the red privacy fence), most likely because I am battling weeds in that one spot. I have planted super zoysia plugs that should strangle all those weeds once it takes off.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I may use to deter this mole keeping in mine that I do have young plugs in.....

Obviously my cats are not getting this vole. They have gotten tons of others in the past but this vole is straight from hell :ohwell: I also think the fence is giving the vole some protection from the cats being able to nab it.

The tunnels this vole is leaving seem larger than normal also. I think this is a very large vole. I have already considered a groundhog but I cannot find a hole big enough anywhere near the area that would indicate a groundhog.

Attachments

• fence .jpg
    fence .jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 316
Last edited:

Roman

Over a year later and we have made many changes. Just before Christmas, we installed 220 feet of additional fencing to increase the size of our back yard. The best decision we have EVER made. When I have talked about all the clearing of property I have done, it was from behind the old fence to the shed and from the shed to the main road coming into our street.

With the nicer Fall weather we had, we were able to check tons of stuff off of our Spring "to do" list so it wasn't as brutal the last few months.

The only issue I am having is that I had to remove a large flower bed to make this additional fencing work. We had a 6 foot privacy fence around our pool and removed 1 entire portion to incorporate the old with the new. I have a picture below (remember this was taken in December so nothing was in bloom). I am having issues with a vole between the new portion of fencing and old (the red privacy fence), most likely because I am battling weeds in that one spot. I have planted super zoysia plugs that should strangle all those weeds once it takes off.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I may use to deter this mole keeping in mine that I do have young plugs in.....

Obviously my cats are not getting this vole. They have gotten tons of others in the past but this vole is straight from hell :ohwell: I also think the fence is giving the vole some protection from the cats being able to nab it.

The tunnels this vole is leaving seem larger than normal also. I think this is a very large vole. I have already considered a groundhog but I cannot find a hole big enough anywhere near the area that would indicate a groundhog.
Very NICE yard!

Dakota

~~~~~~~
Very NICE yard!

Thank you!!!

It looks so much better now with the grass growing and blooming plants. I cried after I saw the fence go in because I was so happy with how it turned out. I worked so hard to get that all cleared, mostly doing so by myself with electric and hand tools. There were times I could barely walk the next day because I was that determined. I didn't just clear this portion but also a space twice that size in our front yard.

Many of our neighbors have complimented us on the drastic change in person and some just drive by slowly to check it out.

Now as to the vole... I drove a few decking nails in the ground hoping I cut the vole. I believe they do not have the ability to clot their own blood and it should bleed to death. Cruel... but damn they are creating divots and craters that are ankle breaking. I also saw another suggestion on a gardening site that says to put used cat litter down which I plan to do behind the fence (where it won't be seen).

I am afraid of using chemicals because it is right off the pool; it gets mostly barefoot traffic AND I have fairly new grass and plugs.

One way or another, I will get rid of this vole. :mad:

Last edited:

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member

Great job D!!!
All that hard work paid off.
:yay: :yay:
I wish I had your energy.