Yay! The bugs are out--post your MACRO"S!

Joe'smom

Anyone else getting any good insect shots?--Post em up!

Attachments

• IMG_13832_filtered.jpg
    IMG_13832_filtered.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_13661_filtered.jpg
    IMG_13661_filtered.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_0937.jpg
    IMG_0937.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_0947_filtered.jpg
    IMG_0947_filtered.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 109

belvak

Happy Camper
Taken a couple of weeks ago, but still "bugs"! Unidentified bug, Carpenter Bee, and Mr. Fly.

DSCN0396.jpg

DSCN0382.jpg

DSCN0387.jpg

T

TwilightImaging

JM...is that a Mable orchard?

Kurt and Bel...nice images!!

Joe'smom

If you mean Maple Orchard? no--just the tree canopy over the trails at the park (mostly beech, oak and sweet gum)

Joe'smom

Hi "Belvak"--I know the name of that first one but it escapes me at the moment---nice shots!

Kurt --your catepillars are blue? mine are green/yellow(old tent catepillars--is it just me or are there more than usual this year?)

T

TwilightImaging

If you mean Maple Orchard? no--just the tree canopy over the trails at the park (mostly beech, oak and sweet gum)

I'm sorry...I meant MaBle orchard spider?

like this one...really small horizontal web sting like heck and very, very, very small...

IMG_4559_copy.jpg

T

TwilightImaging

Here is a Robber shot at about 20 or 30 feet...didn't know the spider was under the leaf until post process...may have posted before but it's one of my fav's...
IMG_4036ap.jpg

Joe'smom

Love it Mike--almost looks like a reflection but that's not possible!

Oh sorry about the "orchard"--I have been told by some guys who are big into bugs (and I mean big!) that its an ORB Spider --exactly which type no one has been able to tell me.

T

TwilightImaging

Love it Mike--almost looks like a reflection but that's not possible!

Oh sorry about the "orchard"--I have been told by some guys who are big into bugs (and I mean big!) that its an ORB Spider --exactly which type no one has been able to tell me.

I can see that...there are so many {EDIT - Sub-species} of Orbs..I'll have to look it up. Down here the Goldens get like 8 inches across.

Last edited by a moderator:

Joe'smom

Some Bug I found

If anyone knows what this is......I would bet it was probably consuming the red spider mites on this wild rose bush.

Attachments

• IMG_17331_filtered.jpg
    IMG_17331_filtered.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 79

Joe'smom

Bug Feva!!

Finding some cool critters ...and loving that new macro lense!!

Attachments

• IMG_1750.JPG
    IMG_1750.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 78

Joe'smom

Some more finds.....

:eyebrow: SO...Where the heck is everyone?!

Attachments

• IMG_2580-1_filtered.jpg
    IMG_2580-1_filtered.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_22081.JPG
    IMG_22081.JPG
    83.3 KB · Views: 64

JEB

Like your bug shots.
You said you got a new macro lens.
What kind?
I got a 10x doppler--like a screw-on filter. But I'm having problems with focus.

Like your bug shots.
What kind?
I got a 10x doppler--like a screw-on filter. But I'm having problems with focus.

Somebody get a shot of an assassin bug. I'm always trying to show people around here what our variety looks like and haven't found a good picture yet.
Ps, don't let 'em get you.

Joe'smom

Like your bug shots.
What kind?

Yep--know the feeling!--I got a Raynox 250--it's a screw in with adapter. I find setting the macro feature works best for focus. If I really want close up I have to either prop or use a tripod. I never can get a really close shot i.e the eye of the fly without loosing other details. With a flash--I can make some spiders completely translucent almost like an xray--or I can count the hairs on an ants butt(no kidding!) Here's a half way decent shot I got tonight with it--using a tripod-no flash.

Attachments

• IMG_2777-1_filtered.jpg
    IMG_2777-1_filtered.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 91

Joe'smom

Somebody get a shot of an assassin bug. I'm always trying to show people around here what our variety looks like and haven't found a good picture yet.
Ps, don't let 'em get you.

Describe it---I don't think Iv'e heard of it before...anyone else?

Describe it---I don't think Iv'e heard of it before...anyone else?

Here are a couple that are most like the one I saw. There are a lot of different kinds I guess.

Attachments

• Photo-Assassin%20bug.jpg
    Photo-Assassin%20bug.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 72
  • Assassin....jpg
    Assassin....jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 91