Yellowstone = SOA WARNING: SPOILERS

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
The more episodes I watch of Yellowstone, the more flashbacks I see of Sons of Anarchy.

Both have crazy female leads.
Both have local police that look the other way to crime. Lead law enforcement is highly compromised.
Both have underachieving sons that married professional women. Those women eventually adopt the terrible habits of their spouses.
Gunfights where they kills dozens but all of them escape unscathed.
Blind allegiance to the group.
Both are trying to save a legacy.

The variations.
Bike gang members - cowboys
deal in drugs/guns - deal in land
Colors/cuts/vests - brands
Mayans - The Becks
Clubhouse - bunkhouse
Motorcycles - horses

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I think the difference is that I hated every character on SOA, but there are a few I like on Yellowstone.

But I'm not gonna lie, it gave me some pleasure to see Beth get her face punched in.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
OMG I am so glad I saw your post!!!! I watched the first season of Yellowstone twice then switched to Hulu before Season 2. They don't carry it - waiting for the season to be over and I'll pay for it on Vudu or something. I did catch her getting beat up on youtube however - enjoyed it immensely. Made my day!

Keep me posted if there's something else I really should see. TIA

Sorry, I didn't mean to spoiler it for you :flowers: Amazon has the second season available.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Wife and I are addicted to Yellowstone but she watches it when every episode comes out and I wait until the DVD comes out and watch it all in two or three sittings. So I'm wating for the Season 2 DVD..and the wife is biting her tongue over all the stuff she's dying to tell me about that happened..LOL

stgislander

PREMO Member
Wife and I are addicted to Yellowstone but she watches it when every episode comes out and I wait until the DVD comes out and watch it all in two or three sittings. So I'm wating for the Season 2 DVD..and the wife is biting her tongue over all the stuff she's dying to tell me about that happened..LOL
You're an evil bastard. :lmao:

Lump

I think the difference is that I hated every character on SOA, but there are a few I like on Yellowstone.

But I'm not gonna lie, it gave me some pleasure to see Beth get her face punched in.
I don't really care for her either. However, I did cheer her on in the boutique!!! That was awesome.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I don't really care for her either. However, I did cheer her on in the boutique!!! That was awesome.

In the opening episode, you got to see a bit of what Beth was capable of. She treated that guy like crap and rubbed his face in his demise.

Can you imagine a person like that in today's business environment? I doubt a company would keep someone like that, regardless of how efficient they were. That toxicity has a way of getting out of the bottle and end up all over the other employees.

I guess that's why we watch these shows with over the top characters. I don't know anyone in my personal life that acts even a tiny bit like those people in SOA, Yellowstone, The Wire, etc.

Lump

In the opening episode, you got to see a bit of what Beth was capable of. She treated that guy like crap and rubbed his face in his demise.

Can you imagine a person like that in today's business environment? I doubt a company would keep someone like that, regardless of how efficient they were. That toxicity has a way of getting out of the bottle and end up all over the other employees.

I guess that's why we watch these shows with over the top characters. I don't know anyone in my personal life that acts even a tiny bit like those people in SOA, Yellowstone, The Wire, etc.
They certainly seem to want to soften her up at the end of season 2.

Thankfully I don't know anyone like that.....

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
It doesn't seem to have Seasons 1 and 2. I've been messing with it for over 20 minutes and all I keep finding is Season 3 Episode 1 and I think it switches over to Peacock in a month. I don't know if that means it disappears from youtube not. Now I have to figure out how to cancel my free week trial with youtube.
I went ahead and sprung for S1 on Vudu. Watching now.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
2 episodes left if S1.

I figured out that Jamie and Jenkins both played parts on AHS.