Yet another T-bone accident at Deloitte building!!!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Actually, yes I did :) In as nice a way as I could.

Good for you. One of the lane runners I spotted several years ago had Navy Pilot plates. I mentioned to a then Sr. Chief that it was pretty piss poor conduct. She agreed.

limblips

PREMO Member
Sheriffs need to patrol the parking lot behind Chipolte and catch the a$$wipes that drive down the right turn lane, turn right and then go behind Chipolte and come back on to 235 and get in the right turn lane and repeat the process at BAE coming out by Blue Wind. I see it every rush hour. I have seen as many as 7 cars do it in a line.

glhs837

Power with Control
Sheriffs need to patrol the parking lot behind Chipolte and catch the a$$wipes that drive down the right turn lane, turn right and then go behind Chipolte and come back on to 235 and get in the right turn lane and repeat the process at BAE coming out by Blue Wind. I see it every rush hour. I have seen as many as 7 cars do it in a line.

Agreed. It's pretty endemic. There and at San Souci and to a lesser extent at Cracker Barrel.

MiddleGround

And for those who will pipe up and say "Well, that's a street so it can be done."

WRONG! That is an un-named service drive. It is illegal and considered evading a traffic signal.

awpitt

Main Streeter
You have never tried to make a right turn off of SB 235 onto Chancellor's, into San Soucci, etc. and seen a dingbat that is already in the turn/merge lane and had been there since the last main road? (about a mile back) I see it every time I am on 235!

Perfect example would be someone leaving Walmart and turning onto Chancellors. They ride the turn/merge lane the entire way! That is NOT a travel lane!!

Actually, it is a legal travel lane. I travel that stretch often. If I'm leaving WalMart, tuning sb RT235, expecting to turn right onto Chancellors, I'm not going to merge into the straight through traffic lanes just so I will have to move back to the right turn lane six seconds later. That's just stupid.

glhs837

Power with Control
Actually, it is a legal travel lane. I travel that stretch often. If I'm leaving WalMart, tuning sb RT235, expecting to turn right onto Chancellors, I'm not going to merge into the straight through traffic lanes just so I will have to move back to the right turn lane six seconds later. That's just stupid.

Agreed, travelling from Wally to Chancellors, as long as Chancellors is your destination not whipping the U-turn to come back to 235, thats fine with me.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

:yay:

awpitt

Main Streeter
And for those who will pipe up and say "Well, that's a street so it can be done."

WRONG! That is an un-named service drive. It is illegal and considered evading a traffic signal.

Incorrect. Cutting through a parking lot to avoid a traffic signal is illegal. In the case described here, the road behind Chipolte, which is open for public use and thus is a legal travel lane. It is not illegal to travel on that road. Even if one doesn't want to sit at the nb light.

MiddleGround

Agreed, travelling from Wally to Chancellors, as long as Chancellors is your destination not whipping the U-turn to come back to 235, thats fine with me.

Travel lanes are denoted by broken LONG white lines to seperate the lanes.

Merge/Turn lanes are denoted by SHORT broken white lines.

If you notice, the far right lanes on both sides of 235 are the latter. So no, they are not 'travel' lanes.

awpitt

Main Streeter

You lost me at the "not whipping the U-turn to come back to 235" part.

That's the way I read it too. As long as you comply with the right turn requirement, don't double-back into the lane and don't speed, it's legal. I do that myself heading NB from on 235 from San Souci at rush time. I could be perfectly above board, pull into the right (not turning) lane and crawl from there to Maple where I get off, adding myself to the already overcrowded travel lanes, or I could use the turn lane as intended and remove myself from the traffic congestion and exit at Maple.

Grumpy

If you notice, the far right lanes on both sides of 235 are the latter. So no, they are not 'travel' lanes.

Well, in the case cited, you would be wrong.

MiddleGround

Incorrect. Cutting through a parking lot to avoid a traffic signal is illegal. In the case described here, the road behind Chipolte, which is open for public use and thus is a legal travel lane. It is not illegal to travel on that road. Even if one doesn't want to sit at the nb light.

Nope! The purpose of that service drive is to allow people to access the businesses attached to it (i.e. Chipotle, Firehouse, etc.) it is NOT intended to be a travel lane.

awpitt

Main Streeter
Nope! The purpose of that service drive is to allow people to access the businesses attached to it (i.e. Chipotle, Firehouse, etc.) it is NOT intended to be a travel lane.

If your assertion were true, there would be a sign posted reflecting such. There is not so you are incorrect.

awpitt

Main Streeter

All lanes that are inside of the SOLID white lines that exist on both sides of the roadway are IN FACT travel lanes.

MiddleGround

All lanes that are inside of the SOLID white lines that exist on both sides of the roadway are IN FACT travel lanes.

And like I said to Grumpy. I guess MD was just saving money on white paint when they made them lines shorter huh?

glhs837

Power with Control
And like I said to Grumpy. I guess MD was just saving money on white paint when they made them lines shorter huh?

No, but you doi have to use judgement when deciding when you are misusing the turn only lane. I'f I'm leaving the hottel/Mexican place and turning into ABC liquors, do I need to get into the 235 travel lanes?

limblips

PREMO Member
Incorrect. Cutting through a parking lot to avoid a traffic signal is illegal. In the case described here, the road behind Chipolte, which is open for public use and thus is a legal travel lane. It is not illegal to travel on that road. Even if one doesn't want to sit at the nb light.[/QUOTE

The parking lot behind Chipotle is not a road. If the a$$wipes went to Spruce Dr and then left on to Chestnut they would be legal. They cut through the parking lot. Illegal.