Yet another T-bone accident at Deloitte building!!!

MiddleGround

I travel between route 4 intersection and gate one and I typically see them patrolling and also parked a watching. They are not always in marked vehicles, but if you look you can see they are police on patrol.

Maybe they are out there. I guess they just need to do a bit more actual enforcement then. Either way, it is pretty sad the amount of accidents that are on that stretch.

MiddleGround

1. U-turns during rush hour should be prohibited at those cut-throughs. And the chruch people on Sundays scare the crap out of me :)

2. Saw a very close call between I think 5:50 and a little after six between Buck Hewitt and San Souci. All lanes stopped waiting for the light, passenger sedan in front of an SUV the right lane decided to get into the right turn lane. Just darted over as some jackwagon coming from Sheetz north at 30 or better in that dedicate turn lane had to lock them up. Honestly amazed they didnt crrash.

3. During the Sheriffs push for red light cameras onRt 235 a few years back, he said that given the traffic volume, he didnt feel it was safe for his people to be out there.

http://www.thebaynet.com/articles/0116/red-light-camera-pros-and-cons-debated.html

4. I agree that misuse of the turn lane is maybe the biggest safety risk on that stretch during rush hours. And that enforcement has been irregular at best. I think the vehicels seen at the Delottie bldg have all been state during rush hours. With the Sheriffs folks out there keeping things safe at 10ams on Sunday morning doing speed enforcement.

Great post! Thanks!

glhs837

Power with Control
Maybe they are out there. I guess they just need to do a bit more actual enforcement then. Either way, it is pretty sad the amount of accidents that are on that stretch.

Cynically speaking, I think he's just gathering data for another push for red light cameras. since his last set of data presented was pretty spotty and not supportive of his request.

The presentation reported 3,354 crashes in 2014 in the county

While total crashes declined by 2.2 percent from the previous year as did hit and run property damage (8.3 percent decline) and personal injury collisions (11.3 percent decline), fatal collisions increased by 16.7 percent and personal damage and hit and run personal injury accidents increased as well.

According to the statistics assembled, the highest frequency of crashes were reported between 3 and 6 p.m. and along Route 235 from Route 4 to Route 246. The conclusion is that commuter work traffic is the culprit.

They gave countywide data to support the cameras in one area, but no specific data on that one area.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
1. U-turns during rush hour should be prohibited at those cut-throughs.

Agreed. And along with that, let us not forget the dingbats that insist on coming out of WaWa and cross three lanes of traffic during rush hour so they can hang a U-turn to go SB.

Goldenhawk

Agreed. And along with that, let us not forget the dingbats that insist on coming out of WaWa and cross three lanes of traffic during rush hour so they can hang a U-turn to go SB.

Let us not forget the dingbats who designed a signaled intersection to not allow left turns from Buck Hewitt or Rue Purchase onto 235.

MiddleGround

I don't see this so much during rush hour as I do during lunch times.

I do see multiple people using the Wawa lot or the service road leading to the hotel behind it to bypass the traffic light at that intersection. The really brazen drivers just turn right at the light, pull an immediate U-turn, and get back onto NB 235!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I don't see this so much during rush hour as I do during lunch times. I do see multiple people using the Wawa lot or the service road leading to the hotel behind it to bypass the traffic light at that intersection. The really brazen drivers just turn right at the light, pull an immediate U-turn, and get back onto NB 235!

I see it all the time. As infuriating it can be, I no longer get all upset about it anymore. I will say that I will ride the bumper in front of me when one of them want to cut into my lane to go through an intersection. :biggrin:

Kilkenny

Some of us live in the neighborhoods behind the Wawa and use that lane legitimately. Not all of us in that lane are jerks!

awpitt

Main Streeter
There was yet another T-bone accident just in front of the Deloitte building (across from NFCU on 235)

Another instance of someone trying to make a U-turn onto NB 235 during afternoon rush hour and an idiot racing up the merge lane to get ahead hit them doing about 45-50MPH! This is the 4th time I personally have seen this type of accident at that exact place in the last 6 months! Do the sheriffs do anything about this? Do they patrol that area at all? I never see one on the road during this time.

Does it take fatalities to get someone to do their job around here??

What do you want them to do? They can't predict when something like this is going to happen. And, yes, they do patrol that area, all the time.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Some of us live in the neighborhoods behind the Wawa and use that lane legitimately. Not all of us in that lane are jerks!

:yay:

And you probably use your turn signal to legitimately merge into traffic. In that case, I do let people in.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
It did this morning around 645, was a first.

Who in their right mind is in that big of a hurry to get to work!?! :lmao:

Although, I once saw a car speeding SB 235 in the turn lane, turn right on Pegg Rd., make an immediate U-turn to cross 235 into gate 1. He was being chased by a cop who lost him. Yes, I called it in.

MiddleGround

What do you want them to do? They can't predict when something like this is going to happen. And, yes, they do patrol that area, all the time.

Who is "they?"

We know its not the county sheriffs or deputies because they are not allowed to during rush hour times. Do you mean State police?

And what do I want them to do? How about THEIR JOB?!

MiddleGround

Have you ever noticed that it never happens going SB in the mornings?

That is because the lane is filled with the dingbats who think it is another travel lane when they turn right onto 235 from one of the other arteries (Chancellors, St. Andrew's, etc.) and ride it all the way down to the next light.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
That is because the lane is filled with the dingbats who think it is another travel lane when they turn right onto 235 from one of the other arteries (Chancellors, St. Andrew's, etc.) and ride it all the way down to the next light.

Really? I haven't seen that. What hours of the day do you travel?

MiddleGround

Really? I haven't seen that. What hours of the day do you travel?

You have never tried to make a right turn off of SB 235 onto Chancellor's, into San Soucci, etc. and seen a dingbat that is already in the turn/merge lane and had been there since the last main road? (about a mile back) I see it every time I am on 235!

Perfect example would be someone leaving Walmart and turning onto Chancellors. They ride the turn/merge lane the entire way! That is NOT a travel lane!!

glhs837

Power with Control
You have never tried to make a right turn off of SB 235 onto Chancellor's, into San Soucci, etc. and seen a dingbat that is already in the turn/merge lane and had been there since the last main road? (about a mile back) I see it every time I am on 235!

Perfect example would be someone leaving Walmart and turning onto Chancellors. They ride the turn/merge lane the entire way! That is NOT a travel lane!!

New guy on the team just recently confessed to travelling from Target to Walmart then down to Chancellors where he dove in, did a u-turn to get back out at sheetz, then ride the turn lane to san souci, and did the same thing. Bascially rode the turn lanes from Rt 4 to Gate 1.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
New guy on the team just recently confessed to travelling from Target to Walmart then down to Chancellors where he dove in, did a u-turn to get back out at sheetz, then ride the turn lane to san souci, and did the same thing. Bascially rode the turn lanes from Rt 4 to Gate 1.

Did you point out what a douchebag he is?