Yo Transporter - About that CANCLED Eagles Vist ....

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
So, what happened when the Eagles were invited to the people’s house for a ceremony to honor them for their Super Bowl victory? Fewer than 10 members of the organization accepted the invitation. Apparently all of the other Eagles had something more important to do than to condescend to accept the accolades of their fellow Americans.

Too many professional athletes have an inflated opinion of themselves and their relative importance to society. The Eagles who declined the White House invitation have it exactly backward. Their attendance would not do honor to either the president or the American people. The idea was for the people – acting through their president — to honor the team.

But, if the overwhelming majority of the team doesn’t want to accept the honor, then why should we have to go forward with the ceremony after they have insultingly refused to attend? On that basis, President Trump, as the representative of the American people, was absolutely correct in withdrawing the spurned invitation.

http://www.philly.com/philly/opinio...hite-house-visit-nfl-popularity-20180605.html

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I heard on the snooze this morning that the final tally of players that were actually going to show was down to two before the #### show was cancelled. Two.

transporter

So, what happened when the Eagles were invited to the people’s house for a ceremony to honor them for their Super Bowl victory? Fewer than 10 members of the organization accepted the invitation. Apparently all of the other Eagles had something more important to do than to condescend to accept the accolades of their fellow Americans.

Too many professional athletes have an inflated opinion of themselves and their relative importance to society. The Eagles who declined the White House invitation have it exactly backward. Their attendance would not do honor to either the president or the American people. The idea was for the people – acting through their president — to honor the team.

But, if the overwhelming majority of the team doesn’t want to accept the honor, then why should we have to go forward with the ceremony after they have insultingly refused to attend? On that basis, President Trump, as the representative of the American people, was absolutely correct in withdrawing the spurned invitation.

http://www.philly.com/philly/opinio...hite-house-visit-nfl-popularity-20180605.html

Yo COMRADE GURPS...(you ever post anything that isn't an "opinion piece"???)

It is really sad that you try so hard to support a buffoon like Trump.

Here let me explain to you and your uneducated neophyte Gilligan. Trump had a supreme opportunity there to make a significantly positive point. He could have made those who didn't show up look like fools instead Trump looked like a fool standing in the Rose Garden with the White House staff.

I know you and Gilligan don't understand stuff like this. Here again Trump had another wonderful opportunity to work towards bringing people together or making a positive point. Instead he choose the road of stupidity, ignorance and division. It is no wonder that he is so well liked by you and Gilligan.

black dog

Free America

Here let me explain to you and your uneducated neophyte Gilligan. Trump had a supreme opportunity there to make a significantly positive point. He could have made those who didn't show up look like fools instead Trump looked like a fool standing in the Rose Garden with the White House staff.

I know you and Gilligan don't understand stuff like this. Here again Trump had another wonderful opportunity to work towards bringing people together or making a positive point. Instead he choose the road of stupidity, ignorance and division. It is no wonder that he is so well liked by you and Gilligan.

President Trump did make a Positive Point... He told the children to stay the #### home.

Chris0nllyn

President Trump did make a Positive Point... He told the children to stay the #### home.

He then went on to hold a "rally", which consisted mainly of WH staffers and lobbyists (one person was seen with Eagles gear on), where he apparently doesn't know the words to "God Bless America", only to have someone kneel there. :lol:

White House spokeswoman Sarah Huckabee Sanders said the team notified the White House last Thursday that 81 people, including players, coaches, managers and others would be attending the Super Bowl celebration. But she said the team got back in touch late Friday and tried to reschedule, “citing the fact that many players would not be in attendance.” The Eagles proposed a time when Trump would be overseas.
Trump, furious about the small number of Eagles who were coming, scrapped Tuesday’s visit, believing a low turnout would reflect poorly upon him. He had told aides last year he was embarrassed when Tom Brady, star quarterback of that season’s champion New England Patriots, opted to skip a White House visit.

Instead, the president held what he dubbed a “patriotic celebration” that was short and spare. A military band and chorus delivered the Star-Spangled Banner and God Bless America, with brief Trump remarks sandwiched in between.
The White House crowd of roughly 1,000, mostly dressed in business suits, was light on Pennsylvanians and heavy on administration and GOP Party officials.
A Swedish reporter posted video of a man kneeling as the anthem was played.
In a statement Monday, Trump placed the blame on Eagles players he said “disagree with their President because he insists that they proudly stand for the National Anthem, hand on heart, in honor of the great men and women of our military and the people of our country.”

Besides the fact that none of the Eagles had taken a knee during the anthem in 2017, defensive end Chris Long said the NFL anthem policy change and Trump’s reaction to it were not even discussed by the players in meetings about making the visit.
The president told one confidant Monday that he aims to revive the issue in the months leading up to the midterm elections, believing its return to the headlines will help Republicans win votes.
https://apnews.com/d1313cdd8bf14831...elebration-of-US-after-canceling-NFL's-Eagles

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Every post you make is against anyone or any group that doesn't conform to your propagandist viewpoints.

You Were Saying .... You Miserable Git

:blahblah:

if you didn't LIE all the damn time ......

Completely missing the POINT As Usual ...... just to :tantrum:

the count of players coming to the White HOUSE was 2 ...
2 players, yeah that is one hell of a Rose Garden Celebration

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

its always a delight to watch you thrash around so violently every time you are wrong. :yay:

SamSpade

If as few as 10 were going to come - Trump should have gone ahead and had a full state dinner and spared no expense.
Just as a way of saying "look what you schmucks missed".
But if only two out of 70 or 80 are coming? What the hell is wrong with - sorry - we're not doing it?

If *I* invited my office to a party - and all but two said, sorry, not coming - and NOT "oh I have other plans"
but HELL NO - I'd cancel it too.

Why is the focus on TRUMP for cancelling a party no one wants to come to?
Why not focus on the twerps who are so full of themselves, they'd turn down an invite to the White House?
Do they think that everyone who goes to the White House has to love the guy who lives there?
Could they NOT use it as the best chance to have their opinions listened to?

Chris0nllyn

If as few as 10 were going to come - Trump should have gone ahead and had a full state dinner and spared no expense.
But if only two out of 70 or 80 are coming? What the hell is wrong with - sorry - we're not doing it?

If *I* invited my office to a party - and all but two said, sorry, not coming - and NOT "oh I have other plans"

Why not focus on the twerps who are so full of themselves, they'd turn down an invite to the White House?
Do they think that everyone who goes to the White House has to love the guy who lives there?

It's my understanding that he didn't necessarily cancel anything, only changed the invitees to WH staff.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member

This is similar to what I was getting at yesterday with left this being unable to put their politics aside when the players change after an election.

I have to say I do know one Democrat that actually put their politics aside and is now serving an appointee. But she's an exceptionally remarkable individual and not your typical Democrat.