YOU Are Marginalized if YOU Do NOT Celebrate A Holiday

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Seattle School Cancels ‘Pumpkin Parade’ For Marginalizing ‘People Of Color’

“Historically, the Pumpkin Parade marginalizes students of color who do not celebrate the holiday,” a spokesperson told Jason Rantz, a Seattle-based conservative radio host. “Specifically, these students have requested to be isolated on campus while the event took place.”

“In alliance with SPS’s unwavering commitment to students of color, specifically African American males, the staff is committed to supplanting the Pumpkin Parade with more inclusive and educational opportunities during the school day,” the spokesperson added.

[clip]

“Halloween events create a situation where some students must be excluded for their beliefs, financial status, or life experience. Costume parties often become an uncomfortable event for many children, and they distract students and staff from learning,” the letter read.

It continued, “Large events create changes in schedules with loud noise levels and crowds. Some students experience over stimulation, while others must deal with complex feelings of exclusion. It’s uncomfortable and upsetting for kids.”

Not every parent is happy with the parade’s cancelation. One, David Malkin, called it an “exercise in affluent white vanity that is wokeism.”

:shocking:

What The Actual Fuk

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
When Christians objected to Halloween the Democrats told them to **** off. And yet this gets results:

“Halloween events create a situation where some students must be excluded for their beliefs, financial status, or life experience. Costume parties often become an uncomfortable event for many children, and they distract students and staff from learning,” the letter read.

It continued, “Large events create changes in schedules with loud noise levels and crowds. Some students experience over stimulation, while others must deal with complex feelings of exclusion. It’s uncomfortable and upsetting for kids.”

:roflmao: Good grief, talk about a snowflake.....

PeoplesElbow

I'll have to tell the highschool age kids with moustaches and no costumes that come to my door after 10pm that black people dont celebrate halloween.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I'll have to tell the highschool age kids with moustaches and no costumes that come to my door after 10pm that black people dont celebrate halloween.
But they might celebrate "Gimme the ####ing candy Mother######" day.

SamSpade

I have heard this reason for dismissal of EVERY holiday ever objected to. We even have the same reasons given for dismissing holidays of either no cultural or racial significance (New Year's) or patriotic ones (Independence Day).

I get why - but disagree - with holiday celebrations at work, although I don't grasp the objections to Thanksgiving (which is a holiday created by and for Americans of any race or religion). I don't care if Chinese New Year is celebrated at work.

But it's clear some people just need to feel morally superior so they bust on everything.

Hijinx

They are after Christmas and thanksgivi9ng and they may get them. They got Columbus day.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I don't celebrate Hanukah or Kwanzaa or Juneteenth or Pride Day or Cesar Chavez's birthday. What do these people intend to do about it?