You are not alone

slotted

StarCat said:
If you had come here, nothing more than a lost soul, looking for answers, and Kain posted that, it would probably be considered as "bashing", and she would probably have gotten a :nono: from Vrai. However, thats not the case, you have been here, throwing your banter up into everyone's face, who will listen. Therefore, she is doing nothing more than "giving back" what you are constantly giving. :shrug:
Let's see, I posted a top ten list which was moved to chit chat, and this thread which wasn't bashing anyone.
Where are you getting that I'm throwing my banter up in everyone's face? :confused:

Christy

b*tch rocket
Dear Slotted,

If you were as comfortable in your athiestism as I am in Christianism, you would have no need to try and convert the masses. :drama:

:sinner: :smack:

P.S. Nanny nanny boo boo. :neener:

StarCat

slotted said:
Let's see, I posted a top ten list which was moved to chit chat, and this thread which wasn't bashing anyone.
Where are you getting that I'm throwing my banter up in everyone's face? :confused:
Because if you have had a thread moved to Chit Chat, someone obviously didnt agree with it. You post threads, trying to wisk people away from religion. Also, you were banned from the religion forum for telling some poor guy to kill himself. By reading some of the things in here, people have said you post alot of stuff in here, that shouldnt be. :shrug: I dont care what you post, or where you post it particularly, i just dont see how you can wonder why you get in trouble for it, or why Kain and other people post the stuff they do, back to you. You should know.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
slotted said:
If you are a person questioning your faith, I just want you to know that you aren't alone out there. I encourage you to read some of the testimonies of ex-christians out there at http://exchristian.net/testimonies/
There are a lot of testimonies there. I'm sure that you can relate to them. I can too.

If your faith is real, it can stand up to questioning. If it can't, then what good is it.
Seems to me his first post was pretty straight forward and appropriately placed (in the religion forum). If someone is a christian/muslim/etc., and they read the first post, I imagine they'd think to themselves "Oh, nothing for me to read here; I don't question my faith" and they'd move on. However, someone who does question their faith can read if they choose and discuss it. Where are they supposed to find a discussion about their religious doubts -- Sports? :shrug: It belongs here (IMO) because it DOES pertain to religion (even if it's in a questioning/doubting manner) because perhaps some patient, non-preachy type believer might come along and answer (not preach) some questions, perhaps shed some light a non-believer might be in the dark about. :ohwell:

I don't see this thread (discussing/debating existence of god) any different than when someone posts a thread about a particular book or verse and it's debated ... it's still a religious debate. :shrug:

:peace:

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
I read this whole long thread and have come to the conclusion that it is not a debate about religon, but pure mudslinging that democrats would be proud of. And it's coming from both sides of the house.