"You can go to live in France...

When did I say we shouldn't secure our border? That's a real question and I'd love for someone to point it out.

You're right though. I originally posted it because I just came across it and thought it was a nice speech by a President who has the ability to harness and use the English language effectively. Then I sat back as yourself, and others with preconceived notions not based on any reality and formed, not by reading my actual posts, but in your minds because you want my replies to be something they are not. I guess the point now is to show off the people who clearly have paid no attention to the substance of my posts and only aim to be the edgiest, coolest, person on this forum.

I can't think of another reason a group of presuambly educated adults on a discussion forum choose to ignore the actual discussion.
Yes, a collective of snippets throughout time do immediately flood the brain when adding another snippet to a particular thread. It's how the human brain works.

Its why two people can see or hear the same thing and describe it differently.

CPUSA

When did I say we shouldn't secure our border? That's a real question and I'd love for someone to point it out.
Every time you elude to supporting open borders. Don't try & be coy about this accusation. You're not that smart

You're right though. I originally posted it because I just came across it and thought it was a nice speech by a President who has the ability to harness and use the English language effectively. Then I sat back as yourself, and others with preconceived notions not based on any reality and formed, not by reading my actual posts,
Actually, it IS from reading your posts...you're full of it and you know it. You don't get called out for your douchebaggery because of your elusiveness...it's because you show your true colors and try & claim we misinterpreted your douchey posts...

but in your minds because you want my replies to be something they are not.
then be clear because, as stated already...you're not that smart

I guess the point now is to show off the people who clearly have paid no attention to the substance of my posts
How about providing some substance??...Because your vagueness leaves it open to interpretation. You don't want people to misinterpret your idiocy, make it clear up front...

I can't think of another reason a group of presuambly educated adults on a discussion forum choose to ignore the actual discussion.
I'm sorry you're just too damned ignorant to understand what I pointed out above...
JUST LIKE IT'S BEEN POINTED OUT A THOUSAND TIMES ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!

stgislander

PREMO Member
Long layover though. Don't drink too many.

Fingers crossed they don't cancel this evening's flight like they did the morning one.

Chris0nllyn

Yes, a collective of snippets throughout time do immediately flood the brain when adding another snippet to a particular thread. It's how the human brain works.

Its why two people can see or hear the same thing and describe it differently.

So, when did I say we shouldn't secure our border? When have I even elluded to it?

Here's a few posts I made years ago on my feelings about borders.

I know two things I've generally seen as Libertarian views - complete legalization of all drugs and open borders.
The drug debate has been beat to death on this forum so there's no need to re-hash that other than to say that if we really are a truly "free" country, that involves the choice to put into our bodies what we wish. Does that mean complete free reign? No.

"Open borders" is a term that's a bit misleading, IMO. While there are some folks that believe that we should revert back to the early 1900s when anyone who got here became a citizen (arguably, it worked for some time), there are folks (like me) that believe we should have a border and an organized way to enter the country, but needless administrative barriers should be reduced and some sort of work Visa should be easy enough to get if one is willing to be a citizen. It allows us to see who is here and where they are, and allows them to pay into our systems here.

SamSpade

Here's a few posts I made years ago on my feelings about borders.

The thing about opening up our country even MORE is we don't do a great job of enforcing the rules we have.
It's actually incorrect that most illegals are visa overstays - if that were true, the overwhelming number of illegals in this country
would be Canadians, because they are the single largest group that overstays visas and most years, 50%-75 more than Mexico.
What SURPRISED me is that visa overstays ARE in fact accounted for fairly well - the numbers are large, but they comprise
something like 1-2% of all entries. We know who comes in at ports of entry, but when they leave - say, by car or something other
than boat or plane - we don't track people leaving that well. THAT by itself probably accounts for the fact that we aren't overrun by
overstaying Canadians.

Right now, the immigration problem needs to be covered in pieces, because it's clear some vast broad "comprehensive" reform isn't
going to go anywhere, because everyone seems to have a different idea of what that should be.

Minimally - we MUST solve the problem at our southern border. We have to stem the flow of illegals. We have to enforce the laws we
HAVE regarding illegals.

But we can't - we have groups OUTRAGED even at the WORD "illegal". We have candidates offering free healthcare and education to illegal
aliens. We have sanctuary cities, and elected officials offering every kind of support to beat being deported even after it's been decided by a
court. We have candidates and elected officials who want to REMOVE the crime of crossing illegally down to a mere civil offense - effectively creating open borders while all the while denying they are for them.

I don't see how it is possible to EXPAND and monitor people in this country to work while we have entities determined to keep them here in what amounts to a bribe for their vote.

SamSpade

Oh - and this is just me - but can people use a thesaurus, dictionary or at least pay attention to the automatic spell checker?
"Elude" means to escape. "Allude" means to refer to something.
"Ellude" is not a word, apparently in any language (I checked English and French). And spell checker even underlines it.

ReadingTheNews

I've been repeating this idea for decades - and it still falls on deaf ears. Being American is about an idea - whereas being Japanese or Korean or Chinese is about DNA. Being French is about culture, as is being German or British. You can live in a Jewish neighborhood all your life, but you're still goy; live your whole childhood in Japan, you're still gaijin. Russians are Rus; in Scotland, they're Scots. And it doesn't matter who your ancestors are, you will NEVER be one of them.

I had a friend in Massachusetts who worked all around the world but largely in Papua New Guinea. He helped with languages especially those that had no WRITTEN language. The people loved him - but if he spent his life and died there, he'd STILL be an outsider. Because that's where the line is drawn.

America changes all that. My three children are all from different nations, but they are definitely American, even while being proud of their ancestry. We used to tease our youngest that we weren't feeding her to make her healthy, we were fattening her up so we could have Chinese dinner. She shot back "well I'm AMERICAN now, so you'll have to settle for AMERICAN food!". America is an idea - you don't have to be some tribe or belief or whatever. You can all become American.

HOWEVER -

You have to BECOME American. You have to love what it loves, and be proud of your chosen country. Becoming American isn't like joining the Elks. You change who you are, you don't insist everyone else become LIKE YOU, and you sure don't decide "I'm living here, but if the sh@t should hit the fan, I'm fightin' for my old country." I've met people like that - families that forbid their kids to celebrate Halloween or Thanksgiving, because "that's American, and you're not American".

Of all the dangers this nation faces - I do believe this is the greatest. Loss of identity.

Reagan wasn't saying everyone can come here at any time of their own choosing. He was saying if you want to become American, race or DNA or religion or all that isn't going to be a problem. You can't "become" Japanese but you can become an American if you embrace what America IS.

And I don't think a lot of these voices are embracing America at all. Heck, we had a town trying to forbid saying the Pledge of Allegiance.

I logged in just to like/love this post!😎