You Can Tell the End of Summer is Near

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Everything is pumpkin. Pumpkin spice coffee, pumpkin spice pastries, pumpkin spice donuts.... And earlier every year, this year it was coming out the 1st of August. And honestly, pumpkin by itself is pretty lame, it's the cinnamon, nutmeg and other spices that make it what it is.

Anyway, not a big fan of pumpkin stuff ('cept pumpkin pie...), but maple also makes it's appearance. Watching for maple coffee, finished up the last of my reserves. And came across maple-cream soda in Giant today. That sounded interesting, so it's chilling now.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
They start way too early, like putting up Christmas decorations in October.

Pumpkin spice is played out. Several years ago I put in my request for maple to be the official flavor of Fall, and apparently they finally decided to make it happen.....just in time for maple to be played out and apple to become hip. Way to be on top of trends, food marketers.

SamSpade

Pumpkin spice is played out. Several years ago I put in my request for maple to be the official flavor of Fall, and apparently they finally decided to make it happen.....just in time for maple to be played out and apple to become hip. Way to be on top of trends, food marketers.
Christmas has BEEN up. Halloween candy has been out for a month already.

THIS is why I love Thanksgiving and it's my favorite holiday. No one makes the same kind of fuss over Thanksgiving. It consists of family, food, football and - thanks. There's parades and tradition and turkey - and then it ends and everyone goes home (usually). The WORST they've ever done to Thanksgiving is start CHRISTMAS shopping, EARLY.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

I think it should be apple.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I'll just leave this here...
1662591231677.png

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
Little Debbie Pumpkin Spice Rolls.

If you can't find them, its because I buy every box I see and load the freezer up. They are so good.

ontheriver

I could care less about pumpkin spice anything. I know summer is ending because the crickets are coming in and no more swimming. That hurts my feelings.

Now, a REAL pumpkin pie will make me happy.

The Eagles are back tough, that makes me happy too.