You have 6 months to live, how do you play it?

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
You're terminal. You have your mobility, your wits, some strength. How do your last days play out? Do you wander off far from society? Maybe go on an apology tour? How about righting some injustices in the world? What are they gonna do? By trial time, you'll be dead anyway. Travel the world? Ride a bull named FuManChu?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
How about righting some injustices in the world? What are they gonna do? By trial time, you'll be dead anyway.

This is my fantasy but I probably wouldn't really do it.

I'd probably cash in my 401k and fly all my friends to somewhere awesome so we could have one last excellent bash before I croak.

Lump

I've thought about this a lot. I've lost a lot of friends and both of my parents, all after learning they have Stage 4 cancer of some sort. I've watched all of them spend the last year sick on chemo and it always ended the same. Death within 1 year of diagnosis.

I have told myself that I would rent a house on the beach and get a kitten. Enjoy as much as I can with the time I have left. But I guess I won't know until the time comes.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
This is my fantasy but I probably wouldn't really do it.

I'd probably cash in my 401k and fly all my friends to somewhere awesome so we could have one last excellent bash before I croak.
Excellent idea...

By the way, I have some bad news..

I have told myself that I would rent a house on the beach and get a kitten. Enjoy as much as I can with the time I have left. But I guess I won't know until the time comes.
My thought was pretty close to that. Go back to a place that was full of good memories and just enjoy those memories. My good place was the beach where I grew up.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I've thought about this a lot. I've lost a lot of friends and both of my parents, all after learning they have Stage 4 cancer of some sort. I've watched all of them spend the last year sick on chemo and it always ended the same. Death within 1 year of diagnosis.

That's why if I found out I had the C I wouldn't spend one penny on chemo or radiation. Why give all that money to doctors and hospitals when I can have a great party instead?

Lump

That's why if I found out I had the C I wouldn't spend one penny on chemo or radiation. Why give all that money to doctors and hospitals when I can have a great party instead?
There would have to be a certain feeling of freedom to cash everything out and just do and spend on whatever makes you happy. No regrets!

Lump

What if its a scenario where the chances of being cured are fairly high? Would ya'll still forego chemo ?
I haven't seen that happen yet, but I might reconsider if it was curable. I'm still waiting on the Dr's in Israel that were going to cure cancer in 1 year. We should be down to about 6 months now!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I haven't seen that happen yet, but I might reconsider if it was curable. I'm still waiting on the Dr's in Israel that were going to cure cancer in 1 year. We should be down to about 6 months now!
Biden is supposed to cure cancer!

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I'd move to New Mexico and cook up some desert meth in the RV. Make bank so I can leave a few bucks for a super long happy hour. Maybe buy a car wash as a front.

I'd book a vacation in Costa Rica to go sail fishing or else to the Maldives for a charter fishing vacation. Might as well catch a few fish I don't have a chance catching here in North America.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I don't know what I'd want to do Probably wouldn't spend it working.

I would probably get my stuff in order and then just head out to do whatever I can to enjoy the days I've got with Foxhound, my boyz and my nieces and the 2 grands.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I'd move to New Mexico and cook up some desert meth in the RV. Make bank so I can leave a few bucks for a super long happy hour. Maybe buy a car wash as a front.

I'd book a vacation in Costa Rica to go sail fishing or else to the Maldives for a charter fishing vacation. Might as well catch a few fish I don't have a chance catching here in North America.

I have a relative that owns a charter fishing company in CR. I'll hook you up! (no pun intended :lmao: )

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
If I had cancer, I would forgo the chemo and all the crap that goes with it. I'd rather not be sick from it for my duration. My house is in order. My will, POA and DNR are all in place. Sister gets everything! I'd cash in my 401k, travel and enjoy myself.