You know what pizzes me off?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I do not put relish, dill or sweet in my tuna salad. I chop onions, green and red bell pepper very fine, in the dressing I use Dukes Mayo, Dijon mustard, a little horseradish, dry mustard, tarragon, celery seed and celery salt and just a pinch of sugar. Let it set in the fridge a couple of hours till its good and chilled. Its delicious.

Outstanding! :yum:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

^This^

I hate tartar sauce and I don't have the vocabulary to describe how I feel about "Miracle" Whip. We must really really suck if that #### is our "miracle".

As far as my tuna salad recipe goes: tuna, a little tiny bit of (Duke's) mayo, and chopped hardboiled eggs. Oh, and salt. This is tried and true, not to be fiddled with.

luvmygdaughters

I used to be a Hellmans/Best Foods kinda gal...but I am sorry now that I've had Duke's theres no turning back. That stuff is insanely delicious!

Thanks Migtig for turning me on to that :love: I knew it had to be good when you were shipping cases of it to yourself years ago :lol:

:yeahthat: I used to be Hellmans Mayo or Miracle Whip...Not anymore. A girl I work with brought in some Dukes and I tried it on a turkey sammich...:drool: No going back for me.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
^This^

I hate tartar sauce and I don't have the vocabulary to describe how I feel about "Miracle" Whip. We must really really suck if that #### is our "miracle".

As far as my tuna salad recipe goes: tuna, a little tiny bit of (Duke's) mayo, and chopped hardboiled eggs. Oh, and salt. This is tried and true, not to be fiddled with.

I will have to try Duke's. I've always, always, always been a Hellman's gal since I've been buying my own mayo. I like to make it like you do, although sometimes I will leave the HB eggs out, and just add some mayo, black pepper and salt.

RPMDAD

^This^

This is the way i make mine, i do not ever order tuna salad out because i have no idea what they put in it, i do add some black pepper.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
This is the way i make mine, i do not ever order tuna salad out because i have no idea what they put in it, i do add some black pepper.

I avoid eating anything mayo-based other than what I've made myself. Mayo kind of skeeves me out anyway and I have a phobia about some restaurant dummy serving it after it's gone over.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Tuna double rinsed (I hate fishy tasting fish) , a big blob of dill relish, a blob of mustard, some celery and a dash of celery seed, maybe a little chopped green olive, chopped onion and Hellmans or Dukes. On toasted bread with a slice of cheese or on crackers. :yummy:

lovinmaryland

I will have to try Duke's. I've always, always, always been a Hellman's gal since I've been buying my own mayo. I like to make it like you do, although sometimes I will leave the HB eggs out, and just add some mayo, black pepper and salt.
Seriously you won't be disappointed. Super yummtastic!

I avoid eating anything mayo-based other than what I've made myself. Mayo kind of skeeves me out anyway and I have a phobia about some restaurant dummy serving it after it's gone over.

I dont order tuna out either because it's usually too sweet (whether it be miracle whip or sweet relish) But Nick's in Waldorf has some good tuna salad. I saw someone get a sub there a couple weeks back OMG they STUFFED that thing full of their tuna salad and it looked so good I asked for a sample. Pretty damn good :yay:

lucky_bee

RBF expert

Is this pickle relish in the tuna salad a regional thing? :confused: I've never heard of or seen it? :dead:

In bigger news, looks like all us Hellman's folks need to be switching to Duke's :coffee:

sockgirl77

Sweet pickle/sweet pickle relish in tuna fish.

Seriously, I am pizzed. I rarely even order tuna salad, but today I did, and after one bite, I had to throw it away. Tuna fish should ONLY have dill pickle in it.

And that was my last $5 in cash - I was notified by my bank this morning that my debit card was compromised, so they can to cancel my card and it'll take a few days to get a replacement. This means that I don't even have enough money - at the moment - to get a replacement sammich.

Sweet pickles have absolutely no business being around tuna fish. Who in their right mind would dump a cup of sugar on a can of tuna fish? NO ONE!!!! So, why do people use sweet pickles in their tuna?

:burning:

You'd HATE mine. I make it with sweet salad cubes AND Miracle Whip. Well, that's one way that I make it. I also do an Old Bay and spicy relish (my Grandma's) version from time to time.