You will COMPLY!

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

I'll be god damned. f*ckers can go pound sand. Or each other. Either way, I don't care. I won't, and do not, comply.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Calvert Health Department put these "suggestions" out:
our actions over these next few days may be the single most important factor in controlling coronavirus transmission for the remainder of the pandemic. Easter and Passover are traditionally times of family celebration and togetherness. This year, what are typically times of joy have the potential to cause unintentional spread of virus and a new spike in disease. The Health Department implores everyone to stay home and celebrate in-person only with people who live in your household. FaceTime, Skype, and other video platforms are the perfect way to share holidays with loved ones outside of your home.

If virus transmission increases over the next week, it will put into motion entirely new rounds of COVID outbreaks that will last through the month of May. This will lead to longer closures of businesses and recreational activities. Regardless of Executive Orders from Governor Hogan and advice from national health experts, reducing further spread of coronavirus ultimately rests on the willingness of our community to minimize contact with those outside of our households.
A faster squelching of coronavirus infections in Calvert will begin to take the burden off of overworked first responders and medical staff. These dedicated volunteers and professionals continue to risk their own health and safety to serve us. The least we can do is limit our trips to the grocery store, maintain distance between ourselves and others, and wash our hands frequently.
The health department proposes people voluntarily limit trips for groceries to once every 5 days on the following schedule:
Last name starting with A-C shop on days ending with 0 and 5
Last name starting with D-G shop on days ending with 1 and 6
Last name starting with H-L shop on days ending with 2 and 7
Last name starting with M-R shop on days ending with 3 and 8
Last name starting with S-Z shop on days ending with 4 and 9
We all want to get back to our normal routines as soon as possible. Our actions over the next week, and sustaining those efforts through the next month, are the key to getting us there. We can’t speed up time, but we can dramatically slow the spread of the virus. Take care of yourself, your family, and your neighbors. The Health Department wishes everyone a happy and healthy holiday.
https://www.calverthealth.org/

Bann

PREMO Member
I had not seen it before I went to the grocery store today - in order to beat any possible Saturday rush. I didn't know about this "suggestion" until I was talking at the deli counter with another customer.

If I had waited, then "my day" would have had to wait until Sunday, and I'm not sure if any stores will be open on Easter. The next day would be next Wed. :rolleyes:

I'm glad I went today before the food police are out in full force. :yay:

Reactions: BOP

PeoplesElbow

What if the store only gets toilet paper deliveries on monday?

I've been going out once a week to limit exposure as much as possible.

Reactions: BOP

Bann

PREMO Member
What if the store only gets toilet paper deliveries on monday?

I've been going out once a week to limit exposure as much as possible.
:yay: I get it. I'm close to several stores, so I would venture out early in the morning when there are fewer people likely to be there. I can wait until "my day" for the fresh fruits & veggies, or rotisserie chickies.

frequentflier

happy to be living
:yay: I get it. I'm close to several stores, so I would venture out early in the morning when there are fewer people likely to be there. I can wait until "my day" for the fresh fruits & veggies, or rotisserie chickies.
Calvert Health Department put these "suggestions" out:

Fu@k the CC Health Department! I have one day off a week and I'll be damned if they tell me when I can go to the store!

Scat

Fu@k the CC Health Department! I have one day off a week and I'll be damned if they tell me when I can go to the store!
Just dont forget your mask and gloves, hat and sunglasses. With all that on, you should be able to shop for free if youre quick about getting out of the door.

Bann

PREMO Member

I'm certainly NOT going to only shop on those days,either. I'm waiting for the grocery store to put a person out there checking IDs. I'll be calling my local representatives. :yay:

herb749

I'm certainly NOT going to only shop on those days,either. I'm waiting for the grocery store to put a person out there checking IDs. I'll be calling my local representatives. :yay:

Its like when the early hours for seniors started . It was an honors system. I tried it one time. Half the store were not seniors. I was in line at check out behind 2 guys who looked to be in their 30's.

Yesterday I did late morning shopping. There are now arrows on the aisle floors for going up & down. People must not understand arrows now.