You will respect my authority!

limblips

PREMO Member

So essentially he will decide what can be said and by whom. I swear he was the kid who had his lunch money taken everyday.

Chris0nllyn

So essentially he will decide what can be said and by whom. I swear he was the kid who had his lunch money taken everyday.

Essentially the majority gets to decide on the witnesses per House rules.

Hijinx

Joe Biden getting the AG over there fired IS part of the Ukraine controversy. (or conspiracy)
(IMO it is a conspiracy amongst Democrats to lead a coup against the President.}

Perhaps SchiT--err---Schiff doesn't think so, but the rest of America does, and he is a fool if he thinks we don't
How can it be avoided.?

Last edited:

Rommey

I'm not aware of any rules dictating the questions that can be asked. Just time limits on the questions from each side.
Maybe on paper, but you can bet that any question he personally objects to will be cut off and/or he will interject whenever the witnesses might respond to a Republican question.

Chris0nllyn

Maybe on paper, but you can bet that any question he personally objects to will be cut off and/or he will interject whenever the witnesses might respond to a Republican question.

Maybe. Maybe not. It'll be public, so we'll all get to see I guess.

limblips

PREMO Member
I'm not aware of any rules dictating the questions that can be asked. Just time limits on the questions from each side.

Finally, the posts say that the “rules do not allow any witness to be called unless the witness is approved by Adam Schiff.” That is mostly correct.
Regarding the intelligence committee’s work, the resolution allows the “ranking minority member” — Nunes — to make “requests for witness testimony.”
And while it authorizes Nunes to issue subpoenas for witnesses or documents, that power is to be exercised “with the concurrence of the chair.”
If Schiff “declines to concur in a proposed action of the ranking minority member,” then Nunes can ask that the committee vote to determine whether the action should be taken. Democrats have the majority on the committee.

Chris0nllyn

Finally, the posts say that the “rules do not allow any witness to be called unless the witness is approved by Adam Schiff.” That is mostly correct.
Regarding the intelligence committee’s work, the resolution allows the “ranking minority member” — Nunes — to make “requests for witness testimony.”
And while it authorizes Nunes to issue subpoenas for witnesses or documents, that power is to be exercised “with the concurrence of the chair.”
If Schiff “declines to concur in a proposed action of the ranking minority member,” then Nunes can ask that the committee vote to determine whether the action should be taken. Democrats have the majority on the committee.

This confirms something we already know. The majority gets the say on who the witnesses are.

I didn't see anything there that says anything about the specifoc questions asked of witnesses. Which is what was being discussed.

herb749

The more skewed and one sided the process in the house, the more humiliating of a smackdown they'll experience during the senate trial.

But when the Pubs in the Senate try to do the same the Dems in the House are doing the crying will start. Pushed by the media of course.

limblips

PREMO Member
This confirms something we already know. The majority gets the say on who the witnesses are.

I didn't see anything there that says anything about the specifoc questions asked of witnesses. Which is what was being discussed.
The procedures also say “the President’s counsel may question any witness called before the Committee, subject to instructions from the chair or presiding member respecting the time, scope and duration of the examination.”

Seems pretty clear that whatever schitt decides is what will happen. He is a dicktaster.

officeguy

This is similar to the criminal process. In the Grand Jury room, the prosecutor controls the process, and if he wants to, he can 'indict a ham sandwich'. Doesn't mean his indictment will make it through a trial.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I hope they vote to impeach. The sooner the better.

Psh, they're not going to do that. Adam Schiff is enjoying wielding that power and being the big shot. The second that vote is taken he goes back to being a nobody. He'll drag this out as long as he possibly can.

Hijinx

Wondering when the Democrats will wake up and see that he is killing them.
How long before they stop him?

nutz

How long before they stop him?
I dont believe they have any desire to close the circus. I would not be surprised for them to drag the “public trial” out, then actually vote for impeachment. When the other side votes against, Nancy and company will be screaming that its not their fault Trump is in charge. They did everything they could but the other side is too powerful to be defeated. Everyone will be called upon to cast a vote for any Demonrat on the ticket.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Nope they are too invested in the Twitter Outrage MOB ...... Impeachment is the only way they see to damage Trump in the Election