Young Child Beginner Lessons in Calvert?

Wait4It..boom

What do folks recommend for a lesson barn for a small 4/5 yr old? My horses are just too big for her to really learn on and I'd prefer a barn that has a small pony that can cater to her size/abilities. We've considered buying a pony and have the lessons at our place, but I'm not jumping into anything, and it just makes more sense for her to take lessons off the farm for a bit while we look. We are in Calvert near Prince Frederick area so I'm hoping for a barn within 30 min drive (mid-northern Calvert or Mechanicsville area).

poster

What do folks recommend for a lesson barn for a small 4/5 yr old? My horses are just too big for her to really learn on and I'd prefer a barn that has a small pony that can cater to her size/abilities. We've considered buying a pony and have the lessons at our place, but I'm not jumping into anything, and it just makes more sense for her to take lessons off the farm for a bit while we look. We are in Calvert near Prince Frederick area so I'm hoping for a barn within 30 min drive (mid-northern Calvert or Mechanicsville area).

When you make the jump to buy the pony......go for a large mini.
Mini's tend to have horse temperment instead of pony attitude.
Got one for my 5yr old and he was a great babysitter and confidence builder.

Wait4It..boom

When you make the jump to buy the pony......go for a large mini.
Mini's tend to have horse temperment instead of pony attitude.
Got one for my 5yr old and he was a great babysitter and confidence builder.

excellent suggestion. A mini or large mini is the exact size of pony I'm hoping to find at a lesson barn (with a good temperament- not trying to deter her from riding). Yes, I want the moon :O)
A friend of mine has a WONDERFUL pony that her daughter rides. She just doesn't know it yet but that pony will be MINE when she outgrows it :evil: He's still a bit too large for my daughter right now though.

fallon3386

Riverview Stables in Prince Frederick is off of Adelina Road and they have a few small ponies of all different sizes. PM Eventer29 and she will give you all of her info. Great instruction and very close to you!

I

ilovemyappy

I just bought my five and three year old a large mini just for the same reasons. So glad I did! For lessons I second Riverview. The instructor there is awesome and patient. I toke lessons there for beginners and it was well worth it.

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
To bad you weren't closer to St. mary's Leonardtown. We have the PERFECT pony for that age. He is a rockstar and is SUPER lazy and VERY cute.