Your Favorite Brand of EyeShadow

H

HouseCat

I'm irritated that I cannot find a good eyeshadow in the colors I want. I'm trying to find some neutral tans, browns, etc that are in between the super-pearly crap they have in drug stores and the matte. They're always too shiny and metallic... or not sparkly enough.

Avon makes ONE friggin color I like, but you have to buy a whole 8-color kit to get that one color...waste of money. I found a set that Loreal makes today.. get home, and it's too shiny! Arrgghh.

Thinking about trying Mary Kay... anybody have any luck with their stuff? I did try the Sephora, but they don't have the colors I like and I don't want to mix/match crap in the morning. (i do love the Sephora foundation powder and still use it, though.)

What is your favorite brand?

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
MAC!!! They have every color under the sun, great payoff and are reasonably priced (IMO) for a higher-end brand. You can buy their eyeshadow in the pan (with no outer case) and create your own palettes.

B

BET

MAC!!! They have every color under the sun, great payoff and are reasonably priced (IMO) for a higher-end brand. You can buy their eyeshadow in the pan (with no outer case) and create your own palettes.

I like the create your own palette idea. Never buy the pre-selected palette because there is usually only one shade in the collection that I like. I may try this out.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I have 10,000 eye shadows, some dating back to when I was in high school, and I rarely wear any of it. I have one that's an Avon single, kind of a medium golden brown, that I wear sometimes.

Aerogal

USMC 1983-1995
I just back off vaca and needed something to get me through the week without a lot of hassel. I bought the CG smokey eye set in Neutral (brown). Was easy to use and the mascara is fantstic! made packing simple too.

I normally wear just mascara on my eyes.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
I love BareMinerals eye shadow. The brown shade I have is cashmere and it's my "go to shade".

Sephora: Bare Escentuals bareMinerals Eyecolor: Eyeshadow

LOVE Bare minerals eyeshadows..they even have shimmery type shades that don't read as juvenile and look snazzy. Great colors. I am very fair, and colors tend to look a little insane on me, but they have so many nice ones to choose from I find new ones that work for me all the time. QVC has a ton of collections and colors for cheaper than sephora, usually. NAvy exchange too.

sockgirl77

Clinique. My eyeshadow is the only thing expensive I buy. I only wear it a few times a month but it lasts all day and does not irritate my eyes.

TGB

I have 10,000 eye shadows, some dating back to when I was in high school, and I rarely wear any of it. I have one that's an Avon single, kind of a medium golden brown, that I wear sometimes.

MAC makeup by far is the best. I have gotten ELF from Target that works just as well. FYI Vrai, you need to throw away your makeup after a year, the chemical composition breaks down even with the "Natural Ingredients". Not healthy. I normally get rid of mine after 2 years.

lovinmaryland

I use Urban Decay. Their shadows paired w/ their shadow primer is AMAZING!!! It last all day long w/ no smudging or fading. I've even slept in it and woke up the next morning and it looked like I had just put it on. Great stuff :yay: :yay: :yay:

MAC makeup by far is the best. I have gotten ELF from Target that works just as well. FYI Vrai, you need to throw away your makeup after a year, the chemical composition breaks down even with the "Natural Ingredients". Not healthy. I normally get rid of mine after 2 years.

I have eyeshadow that is 12 years old :ohwell:... This must mean I am going to die. :coffee:

No, you're not going to die. However, your eye will become a severely infected, puss filled, open wound. :huggy:

:twitch: I don't want crotch eyes avatar29956_50.gif

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
I'm irritated that I cannot find a good eyeshadow in the colors I want. I'm trying to find some neutral tans, browns, etc that are in between the super-pearly crap they have in drug stores and the matte. They're always too shiny and metallic... or not sparkly enough.

Avon makes ONE friggin color I like, but you have to buy a whole 8-color kit to get that one color...waste of money. I found a set that Loreal makes today.. get home, and it's too shiny! Arrgghh.

Thinking about trying Mary Kay... anybody have any luck with their stuff? I did try the Sephora, but they don't have the colors I like and I don't want to mix/match crap in the morning. (i do love the Sephora foundation powder and still use it, though.)

What is your favorite brand?

I believe Vrai recommended to me a while back Stila products.

I love my eyeshadow "kit" from them and I think it's what you are looking for.
In The Know Eye Shadow Palette - Stila Cosmetics - In the Know Eye Shadow Palette - Beauty, Cosmetics, Makeup - Stila Cosmetics

Though they do have all kinds of different eyeshadows.

emmamatthew

I have eye shadows from Loreal. My almost all the beauty products are from Loreal. Though they are expensive but are really good. check here

Last edited: