Your input requested for 2013!

Duckz

***Update: the planning meeting has been rescheduled to January, date TBD

Bobby Lindsley of A Moment In Time Farm is hosting a planning meeting for 2013 shows and other activities (hunter pace, trail rides, clinics, possible combined test or mini event, etc). He asked me to pass on meeting information. Anyone is invited to attend.

If you cannot attend the meeting but have suggestions, comments, etc, on the agenda items, either PM me or post to this thread and I will pass along the information. You can also contact Bobby directly - email and phone info can be found at A Moment In Time Any 2013 dates already planned that you know of would be particularly helpful to pass along.

Thanks!
Duckz

From Bobby:

"Riders and parents: to help with planning for the upcoming year I would like to get some input from our participants (both on and off the farm, riders and non-riders). There will be a meeting for any interested people on

January - TBD
A Moment In Time Farm, Leonardtown, Md

If you cannot make the meeting you can still submit your input based on the agenda below.

Agenda to be discussed:

Review last years activities, suggest changes both to calendar and prize lists.

For next years shows consider what kind of class awards, champion and reserve awards, series awards (should we have one?), and a possible division (or 2) series with Country Haven.

Develop upcoming years activities calendar and prize list.

Consider new activities (i.e.- possible 3 phase event at Fairgrounds in June in conjunction with Crab Festival)

Discuss away activities, and while I know it is early, if anyone knows of any dates of horse activities in St. Mary’s, Charles or Calvert please let me know so we can try to work around them."

Last edited:

Eventer29

I can not make the meeting but a little starter event or even combined test would be awesome. I have kids who would like to try eventing but dont want to shell out big bucks or travel 2 hrs away for their first time out.

spellbound

events at fairgrounds

I would really like to see the St. Mary's Fairgrounds utilized more as a competition venue.

There is a spectacular grandstand, good location, easily accessible from a main road, plenty of trailer parking, indoor restrooms, food vendor buildings, a really good size warmup ring, plenty of staging area around the in-gate, and a really nice secretary's stand and announcer's stand.

I know many people dislike the footing because the grass can be slippery, but that is usually not that much of a problem in the middle of summer when our weather is so dry. If utilization of the show rings were to increase, maybe the powers-that-be could be persuaded to convert the footing in the rings to sand.

fredsaid2

It would be nice to see one day h/j clinics geared to the Advanced Beginner/Low Intermediate level with solid local level trainers (MD/VA) to hopefully keep clinic costs down. It would help the local level trainer’s name recognition and give riders a good base to move up.

Duckz

The Dec 15 meeting has been reschedule to January (date TBD) to give the local organizations and barns a chance to get their calendars organized for 2013. I'll post a date/time when I know more :howdy: