Your pizza sucks

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Posts like this is how internet fights start.

It’s not your fault; you don’t know any better. I’m not trying to rustle your jimmies. It is a fact that pizza made outside of New York and New Jersey is garbage. It is the pizza, the culture, hell, even the water. Everything about it is better.

I don’t doubt that wherever you live, there may be a place that makes good pizza. People have up and left the NY/NJ area to open their own place away from the motherland, and they are gifted or know how to throw dough, cheese and sauce together and put it in an oven. Everyone thinks their pizza is good and I’m sure the comments will reflect that. While it may be good, I can promise that it will never be great..

1 with the works to go

limblips

PREMO Member
"It’s not your fault; you don’t know any better. I’m not trying to rustle your jimmies. It is a fact that pizza made outside of New York and New Jersey is garbage. It is the pizza, the culture, hell, even the water. Everything about it is better.

I don’t doubt that wherever you live, there may be a place that makes good pizza. People have up and left the NY/NJ area to open their own place away from the motherland, and they are gifted or know how to throw dough, cheese and sauce together and put it in an oven. Everyone thinks their pizza is good and I’m sure the comments will reflect that. While it may be good, I can promise that it will never be great."

Yeah? Well your crab cakes taste like crab poop. People have up and left SOMD and make crab cakes outside of here and they think they are good but I can assure you they will never be great. It is in the water and the culture of Ridge, the 7th D, Solomons, Buzzys, and places south of Mechanicsville. So there!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It's pretty sad when all you have to brag about is pretending you have better pizza.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
While some are better than others, you’ll never get a bad pizza pie in NJ or NY.

This is absolutely false. Monello and I went to this - I hate to even say these words - slice house in NJ and the pizza was terrible. Just like the slice houses in NYC.

You know the ones: where the pizza has been made in the morning and sits all day on the counter with flies crawling all over it; then when you order a slice they pry it off the pie and heat it up for a few seconds before slapping it on a cheap paper plate?

He even likes warmed over fly pizza - that's the pizza of his misspent youth - and he had to admit this was pretty bad. Worse than usual.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Yeah? Well your crab cakes taste like crab poop. People have up and left SOMD and make crab cakes outside of here and they think they are good but I can assure you they will never be great. It is in the water and the culture of Ridge, the 7th D, Solomons, Buzzys, and places south of Mechanicsville. So there!

I have some experience trying to make crabcakes outside of Maryland, and the problem is....the lack of good crab. I'm not averse to Phillips jumbo lump in the can if that's what's available, but Texas doesn't even have that.

I have only one time had a crabcake outside of Maryland that was worth a damn, and that was at a place 2A and Sharon took us to in Sarasota area. And the owners were from - you guessed it - Maryland. I have seen many tragedies that have been labeled "Maryland style crabcake" on the menu, and turned out to be veggie burgers with Walmart Great Value canned "crabmeat".

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
NO. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. :barf:

I do watch cooking shows on occasion where they give them mystery ingredients and sometimes include bugs. Or chicken feet. Or Rocky Mountain oysters. And worse. Durian, goat brains, canned haggis... OMG, gag reflex is kicking in. :dead:

My mom loved a good crabcake. She'd try them from various places from Maine to Florida. Two days before she passed into the great beyond, we had crabcakes at Jerry's in PF. She said it was the best she had ever had.

Monello

PREMO Member
I will say one thing for Jerseyorkers: you all know what sausage is and how to top a pizza with it. :yay:
Don't forget the bagels. And the chocolate covered pork roll slices.

As I type this I can smell frying peppers & onions on the boardwalk.

Monello

PREMO Member
Is this like chocolate covered bacon, but with Taylor ham?
We didn't try it. They had a sandwich board where they were advertizing that they had it for sale. I can't imagine it's very popular. Taylor ham = pork roll.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
:lol: I'm sorry, but I had this vivid vision of a guy covered in coal dust flipping a dusty pie in a dusty low light restaurant. Then turns to an associate, "Hey, we're low on fire here!", and goes out to dig a few nuggets...

Coal fired pizza is amazing. The oven gets super hot and that pie cooks in like 2 minutes, with the crust all crispy and slightly charred. I could eat it all day.