You're Not Going To Believe This!

BrassieChic

One of my kids were at a friends house this past weekend and came home with some craziness! Seems as if the person's house he was at is a Hoarder! (sp?) There is a horse in a small paddock outside with no shelter and the horse had really long cracked feet and was standing in alot of feces! Also outside is a mastiff tied to a tree with no shelter. ALSO outside in a small fenced area are at least 30 Chihuahuas~ poor things are living in massive amouts of feces! Oh, it doesn't end there! Inside there are about 20 crates with each 2 or 3 Chihuahuas in them and again feces and pee galore! Lastly a Parrot and 2 turtles! I'm sure this person started with the best of intentions but obviously it's all got away from her! :jameo:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
BrassieChic said:
One of my kids were at a friends house this past weekend and came home with some craziness! Seems as if the person's house he was at is a Hoarder! (sp?) There is a horse in a small paddock outside with no shelter and the horse had really long cracked feet and was standing in alot of feces! Also outside is a mastiff tied to a tree with no shelter. ALSO outside in a small fenced area are at least 30 Chihuahuas~ poor things are living in massive amouts of feces! Oh, it doesn't end there! Inside there are about 20 crates with each 2 or 3 Chihuahuas in them and again feces and pee galore! Lastly a Parrot and 2 turtles! I'm sure this person started with the best of intentions but obviously it's all got away from her! :jameo:

I hope you're going to do something about it.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
BrassieChic said:
That's disgusting. :dead:

http://www.marylandpet.com/southern_maryland_animal_shelters.htm

kidschihuahuas

Animal Lover
I am more than happy to foster any of the animals that she has in order to get them out of that environment. Please let the owner know.

M

Mousebaby

OMFG!!! That just breaks my heart!!!! :bawl: How can people be so cruel?? Would she like to live in her own filth like that??? I think not! People like that should be locked up and the key thrown away!!! I know I have a lot of critters but all are clean well fed and happy! I wish I hadn't even read this thread, now I am going to be sick with worry about all those little dogs and that horse! Yes please keep us updated about what happens! Bless you for caring! :huggy:

N

nitwhit3286

Don't you think common sense if you can't handle the animals..not clean up after them...which is all included in being an owner of a pet or pets..then you would try to get someone to help you? I know exactly what is going to happen....she is going to get every single animal taken away from her....serves her right.

BrassieChic

kidschihuahuas said:
I am more than happy to foster any of the animals that she has in order to get them out of that environment. Please let the owner know.

I don't know the owner personally but it would be great if we could get some people lined up if they need some foster homes. Thank you for your invite.! :howdy:

BrassieChic

Barbra said:
Tony Malaspina, Supervisor of Animal Control - (301) 475-4200 Ext. 2115

That's who I gave all the info. to yesterday. I just called them this a.m. at 9:30 a.m. and they STILL have not gotten out there yet. I asked them what the procedures where regarding this type of situation and if people could foster the animals and I was told that IF they seize them they become county property and they would send them to one of the local organizations.

BrassieChic

Mousebaby said:
OMFG!!! That just breaks my heart!!!! :bawl: How can people be so cruel?? Would she like to live in her own filth like that??? I think not! People like that should be locked up and the key thrown away!!! I know I have a lot of critters but all are clean well fed and happy! I wish I hadn't even read this thread, now I am going to be sick with worry about all those little dogs and that horse! Yes please keep us updated about what happens! Bless you for caring! :huggy:

I don't understand it at all but like I said I think these situations start out with the best of intent and then it turns the corner into neglect since there are so many! I'll keep you updated. Right now Animal Control hasn't been out there yet. I just got off the phone with them. I was told they would get out there today at some point.

BrassieChic

Karma & Concern

You didn't check out the house/grounds before you let your child stay there? I'm just saying. Aren't kids more important than animals?

Thanks for your concern but I didn't want to put any info. out there regarding my "child". I do, however, want to address this by saying my "child" is a young adult, almost 17 y/o to be exact and he didn't stay there but was there a few minutes until the kids went to the movies. I have met the mother and she is a very nice lady and doesn't abuse or neglect her children. Unfortunately, she's out of control with these animals though. :howdy:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
BrassieChic said:
You didn't check out the house/grounds before you let your child stay there? I'm just saying. Aren't kids more important than animals?

Thanks for your concern but I didn't want to put any info. out there regarding my "child". I do, however, want to address this by saying my "child" is a young adult, almost 17 y/o to be exact and he didn't stay there but was there a few minutes until the kids went to the movies. I have met the mother and she is a very nice lady and doesn't abuse or neglect her children. Unfortunately, she's out of control with these animals though. :howdy:

Perhaps she's a breeder :shrug:

R

remaxrealtor

Chrystee said:
Ugh, how sad. I hope the county does something quickly. :(
I called the county and he (Tony) returned my call right away. VERY pleasant and explained that he can't discuss it, but it is under investigation. :clap: Kudos for reporting this!

BrassieChic

remaxrealtor said:
I called the county and he (Tony) returned my call right away. VERY pleasant and explained that he can't discuss it, but it is under investigation. :clap: Kudos for reporting this!

That's cool that you called too. Tony did tell me yesterday that they hadn't been out but were going to. I'm going to keep calling and calling and calling! Let's keep our fingers crossed for the welfare of all these animals! :flowers: