You're Not Going To Believe This!

BrassieChic

Animals4Life said:
See.....that pisses me off!! If a tax paying citizen in the county has a concern then they have to follow through with it and they can atleast give some kind of update. I wonder if there is a way to see how many complaints are made and how many are actually followed up on. Does anyone know if animal control is followed up on? They have to report to someone as well I am sure and I wonder how much we as citizens are allowed to see?

I agree and you've made a good point. I don't know how to find out this information!

Does anyone in here know anyone that may be able to help?

BrassieChic said:
I agree and you've made a good point. I don't know how to find out this information!

I don't know the answer to that, but it seems like if enough people called to complain they would have to do something. Put the address out to people you know and have them all call. And don't stop calling until they act.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
BrassieChic said:

Bob Kelly is the acting director of Public Safety.

MorganLover

HMM sorry the county wont get back to you. Maybe contacting some news group about the concern and the report you filled and that the county still has not done anything about the dogs/horse. Maybe contact your local news group? here in Talbot county EVERY little complaint gets checked out (believe me i had someone complain that i didn't have proper shelter for my 2 dogs, even though they are inside dogs and are only out long enough to do their business, and come right back in, we never went anywhere to leave them out side with out shelter, but the humane society said well we have to check out all complaints.) so sounds to me that this shelter doesn't want to deal with the paper work/stress of this person. I'd maybe contact maybe who ever is in charge at the shelter? that really does stink.

GallopNTec

persimmoncf said:
so what ever happened with this location and the pets? Does anyone know? Was this situation just dropped/ignored?
Most likely blown off by Animal Control.
I have unfortunately had to deal with "Tony" in person to file a report.
He makes Fat Bastard more appealing(sp?) than Brad Pitt.
Went to look at horses for sale, they were knee deep in sh*t and what was hay at some point,that was their shelter, 6 sharing a dry paddock that would have room for 2,maybe. 2'fence(barbed wire) keeping them from machinery
2 were 3 legged lame,it was awful.
No water anywhere in their paddock, no buckets, no trough, hose etc...
even went back a second time with someone else.
Reported it, and Animal Control went to the wrong place AND gave the person at the wrong place a copy of the report with my name address and phone #
But , they did trap my cat in my yard when I was on vacation!

buddy999

It's Great to be American
kidschihuahuas said:
Has anyone asked this pet owner why she has the animals like this and if she would be willing to surrender the animals voluntarily to a rescue group?

I have a friend who has a problem with an excessive number of cats. Not nearly as bad as this situation however, the ASPCA got involved and told her that she had a choice of giving up the animals voluntarily or having the animals removed and possibly going to jail.

She elected to voluntarily give up the animals but was allowed to keep up to 5 of them provided she get them fixed.

Surrendering the animals would be the best course of action.

bcp

In My Opinion
I wish I could take a few of the chihuahuas to keep, but I fear that it would result in a panning effort unlike any ever before performed.
It might even rival the days of the cave dwellers when glurp used his club to get his woman to move from his stump.

mygoldnhorse

Cowgirl Up
persimmoncf said:
so what ever happened with this location and the pets? Does anyone know? Was this situation just dropped/ignored?
:yeahthat:. I hope something was done about this since it was 1st reported a month ago.

Winn Dixie

Song of the South
mygoldnhorse said:
:yeahthat:. I hope something was done about this since it was 1st reported a month ago.

I agree, but at the risk of being tied and quartered, I have to stand up for Animal Control. Their job is one of the most thankless jobs around and their life consists of daily life and death decisions over pets others have decided to discard much as they would garbage. Because they don't act immediately upon complaints doesn't mean they don't care. But think about it, as we sit here and clavitch about their not taking dogs away from this woman who, at least, is feeding them and keeping them contained, they are trying to determine what dogs/cats are going to die that day because their owners just don't give a damn. If we all do our part in helping them keeping the cages empty by fostering, adopting, etc., they'll be free to get out there and help the pets who are being mistreated. Not a sermon, just a thought.

BrassieChic

mygoldnhorse said:

"THEY" said that THEY went out and investigated the situation and decided it "wasn't as bad as reported"! I'm telling you I don't believe they went out because if they had they would NOT have come to this conclusion! Or my God I can't believe that it would have gotten any worse for them to step in. I'm very dissapointed in the County!