Youth Football and Cheer

SMYFL

**2010 Tackle Football and Cheer registration & 2010 SMYFL Youth Football Camp**

Registration for the 2010 Season for the Lexington Park Hornets, the Leonardtown Wildcats, and the Mechanicsville Braves has begun.

SMYFL will also be hosting a youth football camp from July 19-22.

Online registration will be open until June 19, 2010. Several in person registrations will also be conducted throughout the county starting in May.

We encourage you to register early to ensure that you get to play for the team of your choice.

You can register online at Online Registration

Cost:
Football - $150
Cheer - $100
Camp - $75

**Camp details**
Ages 5 to 14 years old

Monday July 19th – Thursday July 22th 9:00am – 3:00pm

Presented by Southern Maryland Youth Football League, Lexington Park Hornets, Leonardtown Wildcats, and Mechanicsville Braves and is open to any child regardless of the club or league affiliation.

Cost for camp is $75.00 per camper.

Each child will be supplied equipment, and receive a free practice Jersey.

Camp will be broken into age groups.

5-7 – Year olds

8-10 – Year olds

11-14 – Year olds

Equipment issue will take place on Sunday July 18h at Dorsey Park from 11am – 2pm.

A pizza lunch and drink will be provided each day.

Each group will work with Camp Counselors, Coaches from all three clubs, and High School coaches.Camp will be a combination of instructions and scrimmages to allow the Campers to practice and apply what they have learned at the camp. All Campers will be taught the fundamentals and techniques to improve their performance. We will provide each player the means to maximize his/her ability for the upcoming season. Family members are invited to attend to watch their children participate.

SMYFL

Registrations for Fall Football and Cheer

The Mechanicsville Braves are having in-person registrations at Lettie Dent Elementary School in Charlotte Hall from 10-2 every Saturday from May 15 to June 19.

The Lexington Park Hornets are having registrations at St. Mary's Square on Saturdays beginning at 10AM.

Come out and register for football and cheer!:howdy:

SMYFL

In-Person registration dates and locations:

Mechanicsville Braves: Every Saturday from May 15-June19 from 10-2 at Lettie Dent Elementary School.

Leonardtown Wildcats: May 15 10AM-1PM at Dorsey Park & 22, 10AM-1PM at Leonardtown McKay's Grocery.

Lexington Park Hornets: Sat. May 15 10AM at St. Mary's Square

Jen

$150!!!!!! for football???? for my 9y/0!?!?! and it's not the Washington Redskins?? or High School??!?!?
Guess that's what we get when the County takes over.. ridiculous!

Zguy28

$150!!!!!! for football???? for my 9y/0!?!?! and it's not the Washington Redskins?? or High School??!?!?
Guess that's what we get when the County takes over.. ridiculous!
You do know how much is costs to equip a child, pay for field access, light fees for practices, injury insurance, coach certification, awards, and officials?

Per player:
Helmet ~$100-200
Shoulder pads ~$40-100
Pants ~$15-20
Jersey ~$20-50
Insurance ~$10
Award ~$5-30

I pulled those figures right off of Football America's website.

The average cost for officials for a season is roughly $20,000. Field lights for weeknight practices in the fall is several hundred dollars a week.

It all adds up and has NOTHING to do with the County Gov't.

Jen

You do know that we've had football in this county for over 25 years! The price has NEVER been $150 per player! My son has played with Pigskin and SMYFL, the highest we've paid is $80. Just sayin..

You do know how much is costs to equip a child, pay for field access, light fees for practices, injury insurance, coach certification, awards, and officials?

Per player:
Helmet ~$100-200
Shoulder pads ~$40-100
Pants ~$15-20
Jersey ~$20-50
Insurance ~$10
Award ~$5-30

I pulled those figures right off of Football America's website.

The average cost for officials for a season is roughly $20,000. Field lights for weeknight practices in the fall is several hundred dollars a week.

It all adds up and has NOTHING to do with the County Gov't.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
Your missing my point. I don't care what others are paying.. St. Mary's County took over football and the price nearly doubles.. coincidence? I think not. It's unneccasary and it's unfortunate.

Did you ever stop to think that maybe that's why our youth football programs aren't anywhere near as strong as neighboring counties? I mean really?!?!?! You get what you pay for. If you don't like the price, don't sign up. I'm just sayin...

hollywood33

@Jen

Also, don't forget the "PIGSKINS" had a mandatory fundraiser of at least 5 items, where the lowest item was about $12, so if you didn't feel like bothering your family and friends, and purchased them all yourself................5x$12=$60 add your "no more than $80"......$140!!!

Plus the deal you got last year for SMYFL was just that, a great deal!!

Last edited:

sbarnes18

I am looking for recommendations for a coach for my son. He will be playing in the 60 pound division in Mechanicsville and this will be his first year playing. I want to make sure he has a good first experience with football. Any help would be appreciated.

SB